This product is no longer stocked and therefore cannot be purchased until further notice.
Baader 2" SC Steeltrack Crayford focuser
Product no.: 12585
ALL Baader steel track Crayford focusers have following features in common:
- Solid steel rails are set into the movable focuser drawtube as thrust bearings for the adjustable drive.
- A laser-cut hardened and polished stainless steel (V2A) plate serves as a thrust bearing for the precision ball bearings instead of aluminium.
- A drawtube locking screw with pressure plate prevents unwanted longitudinal movement, even when using heavier loads
- All contact points between the Steeltack's drawtube and housing are steel-on-steel. The result is a heavy-duty focuser which is also suitable for heavy camera equipment.
- All steel parts and drive parts are designed for long-term use and to be used with a motor drive. The entire focuser is much more robust than simple Crayford focusers where the steel ball bearings indent the aluminium in time.
- Heavy duty 1:10 professional quality reduction gearing manufactured from V2A and hardened steel.
- The interior of the drawtube is provided with antireflection and high-quality blackened ribs to eliminate stray light reflections.
- Every drawtube is fitted with a 2" clamp. A brass compression ring protects your eyepieces and accessories from scratches.
- Especially important for CCD and DSLR Photography: No more blurry corners since the positioning of the bearing sleeve has been designed so that the optical axis of the focuser can be precisely adjusted.
The reduction gearing has been designed in advance for fine focusing using a motor drive by means of a toothed belt at a later date. The underside of the exterior housing of all focusers has been fitted with a dovetail milling on the drive shaft for attaching an optional motor mounting.
Baader 2" SC steel track Crayford focuser in detail:
- 300 mm extended length
- full 2" opening with anti-reflective ribs and blackened inner tube - tube side has 3.3" and 2" thread for connection to all Celestron (and Meade) SC lenses from C6 to C14 - without needing additional adapter
- eyepiece side: 2" clamp with brass clamping ring and milled groove, to allow a 2" to ¼" reducer with side clamping screw to be inserted until it stops on reaching the inner tube. For this purpose we especially recommend our optional Pushfix 2"/ ¼" reducer (# 12294) with only 1 mm optical length and three separate mounting options for inserting 1¼" accessories.