It's not just a big telescope. It's a big telescope that goes anywhere. New LightBridge truss-dobs from Meade take down and set up quickly. So you can take one of these massive windows on the universe out to your favorite dark sky locations with ease. LightBridge dobs give you high quality Meade optics, premium components, and ultra portability - all for about the same price as an ordinary tube dob. So get a LightBridge truss-dob. And prepare to cross the universe.
- Diffraction Limited Optics Meade optics consistently outperform telescopes of similar and larger aperture. Consumers know that “Meade Optics Inside” means that what they see through our telescopes will be views that are detailed, crisp and full of contrast.
- Meade Optical Coatings Aluminum Coatings with magnesium fluoride over coat provides bright images full of detail
- 2" Crayford-Style Machined Aluminum Focuser With 1.25" Adapter Smooth precise focusing is achieved with this classic design. A unique focus tension knob and focus lock design gives complete control over focus.
- Built-In Primary Mirror Cooling Fan Bring the telescope into thermal equilibrium quickly and efficiently with the battery powered cooling fan. The fan is mounted to the rear of the “vented” primary mirror cell for fast cool down.
- Steel RA Roller Bearings Roller bearings make movements smooth and effortless.
- Advanced Four-Reticle Red Dot Viewfinder Four reticles and varying brightness controls allow this deluxe finder to adjust to your observing needs.
- 26mm QX™ Wide Angle 2" Eyepiece Deluxe Model This premium eyepiece has a 2" barrel, and boasts a whopping 70° Apparent Field of View
The dimensions for the 16" LB are as follows:
Total height with rocker box: 189cm
Length: 128cm from the pivot point
Observing height of focuser at zenith position: 174cm
Tube outer diameter: 49cm
Rocker box base plate diameter: 80cm
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.
According to our assessment, LightBridge Dobsonians are the currently best series Dobsonian on the market. LightBridges not only have good portability, but also show good workmanship. Their design means that they hold collimation well, and also the focuser is of good quality.