The dew shield, as well as the OTA are manufactured from Kruppax 50, all other parts are made from CNC machined or milled high-grade aluminum. The OTA and dew shield are painted in RAL 9001 cream-white and the aluminum parts matt black. The dew shield is screwed in place and can be retracted to make the telescope shorter for transport and also has an interior baffle at the front which effectively suppresses the formation of dew on the telescope for long periods.
The 3.5" focuser works with an adjustable high-precision rack-and-pinion system. There is a 50mm quick-release finder bracket on the focuser itself which is so precisely engineered that the finder scope remains accurately adjusted even after repeated removal and insertion. The focuser has a 3"/2" adapter at the end with an encircling clamp as well as 2"-1.25" adapter with brass compression ring clamp. The complete focuser with finder bracket can be rotated through 360° so that the finder scope can always be in the most convenient position for you, the attached and focused 35mm or medium-format camera can be rotated into the desired position, and also that you do not have to remove your the star diagonal plus eyepiece when you change to observing an object at a different position in the night sky but only have to rotate the focuser. The rotation position and focuser position can be locked in place with a screw.
The tube ring clamps are made of black powder-coated CNC machined aluminium and are flat on both sides with a central 1/4-20 inch thread and 2 central 1/4-20 inch threads with 2.362 inch hole spacing, as well as 2 1/4-20 external threads with 3.2 inch hole spacing (Astrophysics standard).
This model represents a compromise which is actually already too big to be regularly transportable due to its size and weight, but can still occasionally be 'lugged' to telescope meetings. Apos of this size open up new dimensions in planetary observing. This ATM apo also has extremely low chromatic aberration and extremely high optical quality. For this size of aperture and above, the manufacturer deals with instruments on the basis of 'professional telescopes' and the minimum quality is guaranteed to higher than that of the smaller models. Medium-format photography can also be done with these telescopes.
Included in delivery:
- CNC-machined lightweight OTA with retractable dew shield
- set of CNC-machined tube ring clamps
- 3.5" Starlight focuser with 50mm finder scope bracket, both 360° rotatable
- 3.5"/ 2" reducing adapter with new fully encircling eyepiece/star diagonal clamp
- 2", 2"-80mm extension tube
- 2"/1.25" adapter with brass compression ring clamp
- test report
- covers for both ends
- 220mm back focus (for bino-viewer use)
- OTA diameter: 216mm
- dew shield diameter: 256mm
- dew shield length: 385mm
- observing length: 1450mm
- transport length: 1225mm
- OTA weight without tube ring clamps, but with finder bracket: 17.8kg
- tube ring clamps weight: 2.5kg
- focus travel: 113mm
- focuser: 3.5" Starlight focuser, 360° rotatable
- finder: 50mm finder bracket included, 50mm finder is optional
- resolution: 0.68 arc seconds
- back focus: 220mm