Omegon PD80 tripod pan-head
See in every direction - for a panoramic view
Whether wearing gloves in the icy cold or in summer at a blistering 35°C - The control handle means you will always have the pan-head under control. It can be rotated 360° and tilted up to the zenith; making your birdwatching, nature-watching and astronomy a pleasure.
Quick-release plate - attach or remove your instrument in a jiffy
The 80x50mm plate serves as a receiver for a camera, binoculars or spotting scope. The standardized ¼" screw fits directly to the instrument. When you hear the click, then you know all is well and secure! That is because once you push the plate onto your panoramic head, a pin on the plate engages to prevent your instrument from falling out. A locking screw on the side fixes the optics in place for your observing session.
When it has to be precise - panoramic landscapes
A fantastic day out in the countryside in bright sunshine or at a particularly impressive location - sometimes, there is a perfect opportunity for taking a panoramic image.
The PD80 offers all the requirements for taking the perfect photo:
- level for a straight horizon
- adjust the removable plate to find the optimal pivot point (nodal point)
- 360° azimuth scale for ensuring regular intervals for the individual exposures
- The tripod head is not only extremely practical, but also of high-quality workmanship and has a unique design.
- The advantages in a nutshell:
- stable pan-head - ideal for larger instruments
- up to 10kg load capacity (depending on the length of the instrument)
- high-grip handle for quick adjustment of the subject
- 3/8" thread for a tripod receiver
- two spirit levels for precise alignment