RHS stands for relativity humidity sensor. This version of the AAG cloud detector comes with a relative humidity sensor.
AAG CloudWatcher, a high precision, low cost system for monitoring the sky condition. This has been achieved by, firstly, a clever product design by its creator Antonio Peres, and secondly, by the meticulous production from Lunático Astronomy.
But the AAG CloudWatcher does not stress only its low cost, but also by its high quality and unique features. Its intuitive graphic software allows an inmediate and very visual reading of information. It lets the user set the measuring parameters, achieving a powerful and very accurate cloud detection. The AAG CloudWatcher comprises a box with a special exterior finish that includes 4 sensors that are shown in the program through their corresponding graphs. They allow a thorough and easily understandable measurement of atmospheric conditions:
- Clouds sensor: Through an infrared sensor of the AAG CloudWatcher measures the temperature of the sky, and an electronic thermometer measures the internal temperature. Both data are then related by a powerful formula used to determine the existence of clouds. The measuring result is easily read on the graffic "Cloud".
- Rain sensor: CloudWatcher uses a variable capacitor to determine the existence of rain. In addition, the capacitor incorporates an internal resistance for heating the element, drying it, which allows a constant reliable reading.
- Light sensor: To distinguish between day and night. It can even detect the Moon.
- Temperature sensor
- Optional: Anemometer
- Wheather-proof cable with IP68 connector, used to connect the cloudwatcher instrument to a PC (available: 3m, 5m, 7m or 10m length)
In addition, the AAG CloudWatcher software incorporates advanced features such as:
- Multiple users in LAN (MASTER mode and REMOTE mode operation)
- MASTER and REMOTE installations can be independently parameterized
- Sky temperature correction model to account for excessive atmospheric long wave radiation during summer
- All alerts can be defined as sound alerts, with a specific sound file to be played when the alert condition occurs
- Switch control can be disabled and be performed by an external program (suitable to control other equipment)
- Allows the electrical constants to be changed by the user
- A complete set of properties / methods for inter-program communications
- Compatible with existing firmware versions 1.xx, 2.xx and future version 3.xx
- ACP, CCDCommander, CCDAutopilot 3, CCDAutoPilot and Maxpilote compatible
- Can combine information from any standard weather station supported by Virtual Weather Station or Weather Display software.
MAC application available! Richard Francis, ClearAndDark.com, has developed a great Mac application for the CloudWatcher. You can get it directly from the AppStore.