Omegon OM20 tripod head - A ball head with cool precision
The Omegon OM20 ball head goes for broke: extremely high quality workmanship, smoothly running ball, high load capacity of 10kg. It offers a cool, compact and extremely lightweight design.
In contrast to the Omegon OM10, it employs an even more sophisticated concept. Two precision spirit levels show you when your camera is precisely level.
Freely tilting - wherever you want
The ball head allows you the complete freedom to move your camera or lens around freely and lightning-fast in any direction. Say you spot a bird approaching and decide you want to catch it with the camera - of course you will need to be quick! But the ball head is also suitable for photographing static objects. Take your time and select your subject - you can use portrait or landscape format as your camera can be tilted to the side by up to 90°.
Super-quick attachment: Mount your camera with a 'click'
The quick-release plate can be quickly attached to your camera or spotting scope/binoculars via a photo screw. Your instrument can then be easily attached to the tripod head in just a few seconds. This makes your observing and photography even easier.
When you push the quick-release plate into position, you will hear a faint 'click' - the plate, together with your valuable camera, is now secured against accidentally falling out.
Adjust focus or a panorama
You can now move your camera back and forth on the quick-release plate; making it easy for you to find the centre of gravity of your camera. Or you can find the nodal point of your camera - making your panoramas easier.
Two spirit levels
The ball head comes equipped with two spirit levels: one for the horizontal and one for the vertical. So you can set up your camera or observing instrument absolutely level on any surface.
The advantages in a nutshell:
- also suitable for larger instruments - ball head with 10kg load capacity
- easy to handle even in the cold: large grippy clamping screws
- quick-release system with lateral clamping
- ¼" screw quick-release plate
- safer is better: your mounted instruments are secured against accidentally falling out
- 3/8" thread for attaching to most tripods
- 360° rotation mechanism with graduated scale
- precision - spirit level for accurate levelling
Advantages of the OM20 over the OM10 ball head:
- better quality finishing
- larger mounting plate
- always level: two spirit levels for the two axes
- higher load bearing capacity
- azimuth adjustment and ball are mounted on Teflon
- everything moves so smoothly that you can even move the head with your little finger
- precise friction adjustment
- 360° detailed scale