This product is no longer stocked and therefore cannot be purchased until further notice.
iOptron Mount SkyTracker tracking unit for astrophotography, white
Product no.: 32966
Manufacturer's product description:
iOptron SkyTracker - compact equatorial travel mount
This compact travel mount with built-in tracking is suitable for mobile astrophotography and fits onto any standard tripod. The Skytracker from iOptron allows very precise polar alignment using the built-in polar elevation fine adjustment and the corresponding polar finder. These important features come already included, in contrast to other comparable travel mounts, so saving you a lot of money.
The advantages in a nutshell:
- polar finder and polar elevation fine adjustment included delivery
- compatible with any camera tripod
- 3kg load capacity, according to manufacturer's specifications
- high automatic tracking accuracy
- optional half-speed tracking allows panning during exposure (time lapse)
- can be swapped over from North to South
- rugged aluminum housing
- built-in compass
- 4 internal AA batteries (giving 24 hours operation)
- external power supply (12V DC)
- transport case (padded) included
- can be used on virtually any ball head
- an app for Apple devices is optionally available in the Apple Store. It displkays the reticle of the polar finder with the current position of Polaris,
- easy to use
The ideal travel accessory for astrophotographers.
Our expert comment:
A small ball head is a useful accessory for use with the SkyTracker. If you do not have one, then have a browse among our ball heads under Tripods_Tripods and Mounts_Tripod Accessories.
Before buying this product, make sure to check our accessory recommendations.