Take better astrophotos with a polar wedge and your travel mount
Astrophotography that inspires you. Photographs can be taken even more easily with the Omegon mini polar wedge and a small photo travel mount. The stable mounting and a precisely adjustable altitude angle via a scale makes alignment more precise, and improves your photography.
The highlights at a glance:
- Polar wedge for better and more precisely levelled astrophotos
- Suitable for all photo mini mounts: for example, Mini Track, Skytracker, Polarie
- Made of aluminium, this design will provide you with many years of satisfaction and a stable foundation for your mount
- Integrated bubble level so you can better level your tripod
- Tilt angle -35° to 70° - photograph locations all over the world, here or abroad on holidays
- Vixen-style prism mount with screw
- Fine azimuth adjustment for accurate pole alignment
- Includes prism rail
- 5kg load bearing capacity
What makes the most difference for shooting sharper and more stunning astrophotos?
The simple answer; a properly aligned mount.
You probably have experienced this issue before; you set your mount on the tripod and try to align it by hand with a normal ball head. No easy task. Especially when it is dark and perhaps even cold.
Make it easier for yourself and simply eliminate the biggest source of error. Using a polar wedge, you can set the altitude and the azimuth angles as precisely as with a large telescope. This gives you the precision you need.
Two screws allow for precise adjustment of the azimuth. This is particularly useful when you are close the pole and require very fine adjustment. When you have finished adjusting the polar wedge, you can fix it in place.
Tilt angle -35° to 70°
At home or on your travels - be well prepared for your travels with the polar wedge for Mini Track and other travel mounts. Iceland, or perhaps Namibia? Wherever your path takes you, you will be able to take great astrophotos in many locations.
- Can be adjusted between -35° and 70° latitude
- Easy to use lever for fixing
An exactly level mounting is important for polar alignment. What a pleasure when it's so simple. Just use the bubble level on the polar wedge.
Mount for Vixen style prism rail
To enable you to mount almost any small mount on the polar wedge, it has been equipped with a Vixen style mount, which is very common in astronomy. This quick clamp offers the advantage of setting up your device quickly and comfortably.
The polar wedge is made of metal and provides a stable base for your mini mount. You no longer have to bother with tripod heads that were not designed for astronomy or are even made of plastic. This polar wedge transforms your tripod and mini mount into a real astronomical workhorse you can rely on for many years. Just mount it and enjoy the astrophotography.
Scope of delivery:
- Polar wedge
- Prism rail