Similar to illustration. (tripod not included in delivery)
Following the great success of the CEM60, iOptron is launching a new mount in this size class that offers even more innovations!
The new CEM70 comes with the characteristic appearance of the tried and tested CEM mount. CEM stands for centre-balanced equatorial mount. This design allows a particularly favourable ratio of load capacity to weight of mount. In the case of the CEM70, the ratio is 2.3. So the mount carries more than twice its own weight! This makes the CEM70 suitable for mobile applications, but is also a very good mount for observatories.
The stepper motors and the toothed belt drive allow high pointing accuracy in GoTo mode, and most importantly, a very precise tracking accuracy with a periodic error of less than +/- 3.5 arc seconds - and all that with the usual quiet operation of all iOptron mounts.
The CEM70 is available in two versions:
In addition to the features mentioned above, the standard version offers:
- Integrated iPolar camera. This camera replaces the classic polar finder and allows convenient, precise alignment using a laptop
- Stepper motors (1.8° with 128 microsteps) for precise pointing and tracking
- Go2Nova 8407 hand controller with built-in heater to prevent condensation on the large display
- 32 channel GPS: the computer controller always knows where it is and already knows the date and time for GoTo initialisation
- Advanced cable management with connectivity options for accessories
- Dual mount saddle for Vixen- and Losmandy-standard dovetail plates. With a length of 20 centimetres, the saddle safely holds even heavy optics!
- Rotary knobs are large and easy to use with gloves
Both versions of the CEM70 can be connected to an autoguider over a ST-4 interface. This enables precis tracking control for long-exposure images.
The CEM70G version has also an integrated autoguider, the new iGuider from iOptron! With this version of the CEM70, a separate autoguider solution is no longer necessary!
In addition, only the CEM70G version offers a built-in WLAN (WiFi) and a fast USB 3.0 interface for communication with an external computer (PC or laptop). With the CEM70G, astrophotographers can look forward to an extremely powerful tool that leaves nothing to be desired, even when it comes to payload.
Both versions of the CEM70 are supplied in a sturdy transport case.