Coma corrector - for pin-sharp stars, right out to the edge of the field of view
A coma corrector for Omegon astrographs and telescopes up to f/4! Astronomy photographers are familiar with the fact that photographs of the night sky taken using a fast Newtonian telescope will show the stars near the edge of the photo to be elongated. This is a typical property of fast telescopes. This coma-corrector can be used to makes beautiful photos of your favourite objects which everyone will admire.
The advantages in a nutshell
- coma corrector for astrographs up to f/4
- for a 2" focuser
- wider usable field of view
- take photos that look even more impressive
- M48 thread, for optimum illumination of larger sensors
- also suitable for visual observing
- 75mm of back-focus
The 'meteoric' stars at the edge of your image field are the fault of an aberration known as 'coma', where off-axis points appear distorted. The solution - the Omegon coma corrector.
This ensures fine, pin-sharp stars right out to the edge of the image field - you will no longer have to crop your photos and be able to make use of a wonderfully wide field of view.
How to use the coma corrector for better photos
The coma corrector consists of two parts - the eyepiece adapter and the lens system. For photography, simply unscrew the eyepiece attachment and insert the coma corrector into your 2" focuser. Now connect the M48 thread with your camera. The advantage - even larger chips are fully illuminated.
What do you need to optimally connect your camera to the coma corrector?
- an M48-to-M48 adapter between the camera and lens system
- the coma corrector requires a distance of 75mm between the lens system and the camera chip. You will need an extender to achieve back focus (minus the distance to the sensor). Example - most SLR cameras have a sensor distance of 55mm. So you still need a 20mm extender.
Visually observing sharp stars
You can also use the coma corrector visually to enjoy super-sharp stars right out to the edge of the eyepiece field. The coma corrector has a 2" eyepiece attachment with a compression ring and two fixing screws.
Included in delivery
- 1x coma corrector, 2" to M48 adapter
- 1x 2" eyepiece attachment
- 1x M48 to T2 adapter