A coma corrector is a corrective lens for Newtonian telescopes. This type of telescope can cause distortion of the image at the edge of the field of view, making stars look like little comets. This aberration is therefore called 'coma'.
The 3" BIG Paracorr Type-2, designed by Paul Dellechiaie, extends the Paracorr type 2's optical benefits for imaging applications by amateurs and professionals using CCD formats as large as 52mm diagonal and paraboloids as fast as f/3. Back focal length has been extended to 80mm to allow for additional accessories to be placed in the optical path. The 5.1" length optical assembly is topped with a "stop" flange having 3.40"-24 pitch threads to mount camera adapters and spacer tubes.
Visual and 2" Imaging: For dual-purpose photo/visual scopes, an adapter accepts the tunable top from the standard 2" Paracorr Type-2. The 2" format is fine visually since secondary mirror size limits maximum exit pupil diameter to around 7mm. The widest true field eyepiece choice with an f/3 (f/3.45 when used with Paracorr) is, therefore, Tele Vue's own 21mm Ethos which delivers a 6.1mm exit pupil at f/3.45. If you have a 35mm format DLSR or CCD camera, this adapter also accepts Tele Vue Imaging System accessories.
- Coma corrector for Newtonian telescopes from f/3 to f/6 with the best illumination of its class.
- Short design with only 99 mm length for a better illumination than with all other Wynne correctors. Full frame format is not only fully corrected, but also fully illuminated.
- 65 mm working distanc for enough space for all adaptions.
- M68 ZEISS level threaded connection - with this, the entire M68 adapter range is open to you.
- The corrector works without changing the focal length.
- The corrector needs a focus position at 150 mm above the tube - that is less than with all other Wynne correctors and keeps the secondary mirror small.
Designed by the world-famous optics designer Massimo Riccardi - a high-end corrector of the reference class.