SKYWATCHER ALLVIEW MULTI-FUNCTION COMPUTERISED MOUNT
AN INGENIOUS MOTORISED PLATFORM FOR PANORAMIC PHOTOGRAPHY, ASTRONOMY, TERRESTRIAL OBSERVATIONS, SECURITY & SURVEILLANCE
The award winning, innovative and highly versatile Sky-Watcher Allview motorised robotic mount & tripod is an indispensible companion for all your imaging and observational needs. The Allview can be used for 360° Panoramic or Still Time Lapse photography, Video Capture, a Go-To mount for Astronomy or simply a stable motorised platform for mounting a spotting scope or binoculars. The Allview is also a useful tool for security and surveillance applications. The Allview is the 2011 winner of the prestigious International CES Innovations award for design and engineering excellence.
TAKE AMAZING PANORAMIC PHOTOGRAPHS WITH YOUR DSLR
The supplied multi function L-bracket will accept most cameras via a standard ¼-20 tripod bush, and can orientate the camera in both portrait and landscape mode. The camera is connected to the mount with an electronic shutter release cable for automatic camera control. Electronic shutter release cable supplied, compatible with Canon EOS Digital1100D/1000D/600D/550D/500D/450D/400D/350D models, but cables for other camera makes/models are readily available. Parameters are entered into the Synscan handset and the mount can then start taking panoramic photos in three different modes; Easy Pano Mode, Preset Pano Mode and Time Lapse Mode. Even full 360° panoramas are possible incorporating everything from the Zenith to the Nadir!!
VIDEO COURSING & TIME LAPSE MODE
In Video Coursing mode, the mount allows you to capture up to 10 hours of video between two user-determined points. The slewing speed is automatically determined by the time the user decides to slew between those points. Similarly, in Time Lapse mode the user can choose a starting and finishing point, and a slewing time up to 10 hours between those points. This feature allows the user to capture a series of still images (up to 65,535) during the slew, and using suitable image processing software, the images can be merged to create time lapse video.
MOTORISED MOUNT FOR DAYTIME OBSERVATIONS
In its simplest application, the mount can be used as a stable motorised platform to automatically pan your favourite compatible equipment to any desired position. Simply use the Synscan handset to select the speed and the directional buttons to move the mount in altitude and azimuth axes.
COMPUTERISED GO-TO MOUNT FOR ASTRONOMY
Telescopes up to 5kg can be mounted to either the 45mm dovetail or the supplied L-bracket via a standard ¼-20 tripod bush. Longer telescopes can be mounted on the outside of the mounting arm allowing complete freedom of vertical movement. The supplied Synscan handset has a database of over 42,900 celestial objects, and commands the mount to locate and track those objects automatically, allowing you to explore the night sky to your heart’s content. The patented dual-encoder design means the mount can also be moved by hand without losing alignment or positional information.
- Mount type: Alt-Azimuth with dual-encoders
- Overall weight with tripod: 9.5kg
- Payload capacity: 5kg
- Power requirement: 8V to 15V DC 1Amp (Tip positive). Skywatcher power tank recommended or 10 x AA alkaline batteries (not supplied)
- Motor type: DC Servo Motors
- Tracking Mode: Dual-Axis
- Quick release clutches for manual override
- Handset: Backlit LCD Screen, two-line 16 character display
- Multi-Function L-type mounting bracket
- Bluetooth-to-serial adaptor compatible, for wireless control via PC
- Tripod supplied: stainless steel (extendable)
- Allview head can be detached and fitted to most Prosumer tripods via 3/8” thread
- Panoramic photo modes: Easy Pano Mode, Preset Pano Mode & Time Lapse Mode
- Electronic shutter release cable: Canon D cable supplied (other cables readily available)
- Video Coursing mode: Up to 10 hours video capture between two points
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar & Solar
- Alignment Method: Brightest Star & Two-star
- Slew Speeds: 1x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 200x, 400x, 600x, 800x &1000x
- Go-to Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc minutes, with Pointing Accuracy Enhancement Function (PAE)
- Handset Database: 42,900 objects including complete Solar System, M, NGC, IC & SAO catalogues
Skywatcher AllView - Panoramic photos, time-lapse photography and astronomy
Could you imagine what it would be like if it were not possible, or very difficult, to take perfect panorama shots or stunning time-lapse photography? What earlier took photographers a lot of time and technical expertise is today much more straightforward - with the Skywatcher AllView mount.
Professional quality panoramic photographs
Perhaps you are enjoying a great view of the coast, mountains or city skyline? Then why not take a panorama shot - easy, no fuss and professional quality. Your camera connects directly to the mount via a photo screw and an L-shaped mounting bracket. Adjustment of the optical axis for panoramic images is done by adjusting the L bracket. If you own a Canon EOS camera, then the mount will even take over the electronic control. Then simply start exposing your 360° panorama shot, even with head-mounted camera. And afterwards, you will always have that panoramic image - a lasting memory.
Life pulsates: time-lapse recordings
Our world is in constant motion - the slow opening of a flower, drifting clouds on the horizon, the gradual onset of dawn or the red and white lights of cars going bay on a motorway. How can you capture these impressions? Short videos do not reproduce the real feeling: time-lapse recordings are the answer.
You can condense several hours into just a few minutes. The AllView mount only requires the inputting of the interval between each photo, exposure time and number of images.
The AllView mount can also carry out programmed movement during recording. This can, for example, also be useful for shooting video with a camcorder.
It's getting dark: Observing the night sky
The AllView mount also has a GoTo function with a database of over 40,000 objects. Insert an OTA into the prism mounting and you can automatically control the tracking of celestial objects.
Optical encoders ensure that the positioning is never lost. The mount calculates and maintains orientation with every movement of the axes. So the AllView mount is also useful for taking with you on trips where you want to do some astronomy.
The advantages in a nutshell:
- portable GoTo mount
- carrying capacity of up to 4kg
- nature-watching with electronic control in azimuth and elevation
- professional panoramic images
- L-adapter plus photo screw for vertical and horizontal mounting of the camera
- time-lapse recordings up to 10 hours in duration
- 3/8 inch socket for mounting on a tripod
The camera or the teleskop is not included.