Highspeed camera using 150 frames per second - for perfect photos of planets
Do you love photos of planets and want to take great pictures of them yourself? This camera shows you just what is possible. This camera has a 'sporty' image acquisition rate of 150 frames per second, meaning you can 'freeze' the seeing and use those few moments of zero atmospheric turbulence. Just imagine - you can take 9000 planetary photos in just one minute. That means the chance of acquiring sharp images increases dramatically. This camera is ideal for planetary photography, even using the UV range. The colours of planets look well balanced.
The advantages in a nutshell
- high sensitivity and low noise CMOS sensor
- rolling shutter for fast and brilliant pictures
- excellent for planetary photography, with good infrared sensitivity
- also suitable for Venus astrophotography using filters
- 150 frames per second at full resolution
State-of-the-art CMOS sensor with higher sensitivity
The heart of this camera is a new sensor from Sony using STARVIS and Exmor R technology which makes it possible to capture images of faint nebulae in an undreamt of way. But what is behind this? The special technology employs a back-illuminated sensor with extremely high sensitivity and producing less noise. Your exposures benefit from a clearer picture with finer details. The photodiodes remain completely free of shadowing, in contrast to ordinary sensors. That means that more light is available, allowing you to use shorter exposures for even faint astronomical objects. You also benefit from a level of contrast that shows your deep-sky objects beautifully.
Better pictures thanks to a rolling shutter
The CMOS sensor is equipped with a rolling shutter. The image is not recorded completely in one go, but one line of the chip is recorded at a time, while light continues to reach the other pixels. This also increases the sensitivity, reduces image noise and makes image acquisition faster.
Included in the package - image acquisition and image editing software
Extensive software is included - with virtually everything an astrophotographer could wish for:
- Live Image function
- exposure settings
- image acquisition and video functions
- automatic Dark Subtraction
- time-lapse image acquisition
- image processing - stacking
Virtually everything you need is included in just one program, allowing you control of most of the image processing.
- Windows 7, 8 or 10
- Intel Core 2, 2.8GHz, 2GB memory, USB 2.0
Along with the camera, the drivers and cables required are included - to complete this convenient package.
Included in delivery
- C-mount threads
- CD-ROM with software and drivers
- USB cable
- no built-in UV-IR filter
Are you still looking for the right ToupTek camera?
- but don't really know which one you need? - selecting the right ToupTek camera is discussed in the blog article ToupTek - which camera is right for me? How to find out at a glance
For Autoguiding, we recommend the free and open source guiding software PHD2. ToupTek cameras now work natively with PHD2 without the need for ASCOM drivers. (when using Windows and since PHD2 version v2.6.6 or v2.6.5dev6)
Software download: TOUPTEK Software