ZWO ASI 2400 MC Pro - powerful color astro camera of the latest generation
ZWO has taken another step forward with this new camera. The full frame sensor with a diagonal of approximately 43mm enables astrophotos with extremly large field of views.
One of the outstanding features of the ASI 2400 MC Pro is its sensational light sensitivity. The QE of 80% by the BACK ILLUMINATION technology and the very low amplifier glow make the camera very suitable for all astronomical applications, but especially for deep-sky astrophotography.
Further advantages and product features of the ASI 2400 MC Pro camera:
- USB 3.0 for fast download - can also be used with USB 2.0
- DDR3 memory buffer for stable data transfer with USB2.0 - minimizes amplifier glow
- Powerful Peltier cooling up to 35 °C under ambient conditions
- One of Sony's most light-sensitive CMOS sensors
- High resolution by 5,94 µm pixels - ideal for fast and sharp telescopes like apos, Hyperstar, Celestron Faststar, Newtonian telescopes
- 14-bit ADC
Application areas of the camera:
Deep-sky images (nebulae and galaxies): due to the high sensitivity, nebulae and galaxies are imaged after only a few seconds. The camera can be cooled up to 35 °C below ambient temperature. This further reduces the already low noise. By raising the GAIN, you can reduce exposure times to less than 30 seconds. Effects caused by inaccuracies in the tracking are thus eliminated.
Lunar and planetary images: extremely short exposure times due to high sensitivity freeze the air turbulence.
Cooled ZWO ASI cameras need a 12V power supply, If you don’t have one, please check the recommended accessories for a suitable power adapter.