This very elegant 2" reducer/field flattener has been designed to optimize the flat-field imaging performance of William Optics F/6 to F7.5 ratio refactors. It will provide good illumination and flat field across 97% of full frame sized sensors.
Full frame size
- Designed with nearly Full frame chip-size DSLR cameras in mind.
- FMC tripllet APO design.
- Produced entirely with the best Ohara optical glasses.
- Reducing factor 0.8X
- Adjustable design, for perfect back focus it can be used with other models of refractor
- 48mm filter ready
- William Optics polished anodized finish.
- All internal surfaces threaded and blackened to prevent reflections.
Easy to Use: Will accept any standard 48mm T-ring for your camera.
Suitable for: GT71, GT81, Z81, Z103, Z126 (GT = Gran Turismo, Z = ZenithStar)
You have to adjust the flattener to your telescope:
- GT71: 7.1mm
- GT81: 5.1mm
- Z81: 3.2mm
- Z103: 0.5mm
The pictures on the right shows how this is done: Just turn the flattener until the scale shows the correct distance, than look it with the looking ring.
How to install the flattener? The flattener comes with an M63 thread. You just have to unscrew the 2"-Adapter out of the tube and screw the flattener inside.