The StarGO is a computerized GoTo Control System based on stepper motor technology. StarGo can manage both Alt-Azimuthal and Equatorial Mounts, even if has been designed mainly for the M-zero, M-uno and Linear mounts thanks to the programmable Gear Ratio and the special motor kit, it may be easily used with other brand mounts.
What's in the box?
Main Board with aluminium case
StarGO control keypad
12-24 VDC power supply with 110-240 VAC and 12 VDC inputs + cigarette lighter 12V power cable.
USB flash drive with StarGO softwares and manuals
StarGO carrying bag
RS232 cables connection
Special Shockproof bag
The StarGO is a GoTo Control System based on stepper motor technology. It has been designed to be intuitive and easy to use. Thanks to this characteristics it can be used in three main modality:
Simple tracker – without any kind of device. Just get the power and it is ready to track both in Equatorial and Alt/Az axis mode.
Wireless GoTo System - To be used with SkySafari and smartphones/tablets. In this mode the 24 star pointing model is already available. This modality is mainly suggested for visual observation.
Full GoTo system mount controller – to be used with a PC. In this way it will be possible to use the Stargo System, via ASCOM driver, with the main astronomical softwares such Maxim, TheSkyX, Phd2, SGP, Carte du ciel etc. allowing the full control and features: home position, goto, park/unpark, autoguide, focus etc. This modality is mainly suggested for astrophotography. The system has been succesfully tested with Windows 7/8/10 (via ASCOM Driver) and OS X (LX200 classic). The StarGo Goto Control System was designed mainly for the Avalon Instruments mounts but, thanks to the programmable gear ratio and the motors kit available, it can be easily adapted to other mounts also.
- Equatorial and Altazimuthal GoTo system stepper motor based with programmable Gear Ratio (1234,123)
- Configuration file saving feature
- Guide: from 0,05 to 0,95x with 0,05x increments
- Center: From 2 to 10x
- Find: from 10 to 150x with 0,05x increments
- Slew: 4 speeds, depending on the mount "gear ratio", up to 1400x @ 12/18 VDC
- Sideral, Solar, Lunar, Terrestrial, fine tracking adjustment feature
- RA from 0,05 to 0,95x with 0,05x increment step
- DEC from 0,05 to 0,95x with 0,05x increments
- USB, Wi-Fi, ST4, DSRL
- AUX1: Hybrid Step Motor with a max current of 300mA when powered at >= 12 VDC
- AUX2: Hybrid Step Motor with a max current of 300mA when powered at >= 12 VDC
- Power Supply: 12 – 18 VCC stabilized. Current: 0,5 to 1,5 A
- GoTo, Sync, Park, Unpark
- Updating Firmware
between -20 ≈ +40 °C