The overall design of the new Leica Geovid HD-B and of Leica Geovid HD-R makes it revolutionary in the field of the distance measurement. The combination of high optical performance, due to the Perger-Porro-prism system, optimized ergonomics due to the bridge design and the additional integration of an extremely powerful laser rangefinder with multifunctional ballistic computer make these binoculars unique. It is thus possible to make a distance measurement for 3000 yards (2750 meters) respectively 2700 yards (2500 meters) (see product name).
Geovid HD-B binoculars make use of an internal database that covers the ballistic trajectories of practically all the standard calibres. Additionally, separate data from hand-filled ammunition or special cartridges can be loaded via microSD card.
The newly developed Advanced Ballistic Compensation (ABC) ballistics function lets the hunter determine the correct aiming point more simply and safely than ever before. In a split second hunters receive accurate information for their particular telescopic sight or click adjustment. And this also takes into account the cartridge, angle, temperature and air pressure.
Both models offer - in addition to extended distance measurement over long distances - a newly designed LED display that perfectly displays the measured data and is clearly legible under all light and weather conditions.
The advantages in a nutshell
- very long laser range
- Advanced Ballistics Compensation (ABC®) for all hunting uses
- point-of-aim correction for different reticules and ASV
- use of own ballistics data by means of microSD card
- angle, temperature, air pressure all taken into account
- extremely bright, easy to read, LED display with automatic brightness control
- very short response time of max. 0.3 seconds
- extremely vivid, high-contrast and sharp image thanks to Perger Porro prism
- AquaDura® coating for easy cleaning
- very high light transmission and particularly colour-neutral image
- particularly relaxed observing thanks to ergonomic bridge shape
- simple two-button operation
- eyepieces with 5 detent positions
- extremely robust and lightweight due to fully rubber-armoured magnesium housing