The new super-fast camera for successful planet photos
The Touptek 1200KPB is a brand new and highly sensitive planetary camera. And will make you a successful planet photographer. Even its predecessor did a good job; but this model offers even more. The improved electronics mean the camera captures more images in less time, and with lower image noise for even sharper pictures. This is the new planetary and guiding camera from Touptek.
The advantages in a nutshell
- high sensitivity Aptina AR0130CS 1/3" sensor
- more space - double the image area compared to a normal astronomy webcam (1208x960)
- improved electronics - less noise and more image information
- sharper photos: 65% faster shutter speeds *(50FPS, half-frame)
- guide astronomy photos perfectly - ST-4 auto-guider port
- finer detail - the new 12-bit dynamics produce images with more grayscale
- optical window with AR coating in front of the chip - use your own filter (for example UV-IR)
Planets or wide lunar vistas
With this camera, your planet photos can really take off. With a high resolution of 1280x960 pixels, you are exploring a new way of taking sharp photos of the solar system. The large chip area is ideal for wonderful expansive shots of lunar landscapes. This really makes video astronomy fun.
On the fast track to better planet photos
Using this camera is like taking the motorway for getting to better planet photos. The technicians have given their all again producing this model, and have reached a whole new level. The camera can take up to 50 FPS images 65% faster than its forerunner. The big advantage is that you can better take advantage of those short intervals of good seeing.
More image, less noise
The redesigned electronics produce a better image with less noise. This means more detail on your images and a more beautiful final result.
A master among autoguiders
The sensitivity of the chip means this camera is perfect for autoguiding. Even if you can only find fainter stars in the immediate vicinity, it is simply no problem for the Touptek 1200. Just connect the camera to your mount via the built-in ST-4 port and you immediately have perfectly tracked exposures of galaxies and nebulae.
Included in the package - image acquisition and image editing software
Extensive software is included - with virtually everything an astrophotographer could wish for:
- Live Image function
- exposure settings
- image acquisition and video functions
- automatic Dark Subtraction
- time-lapse image acquisition
- image processing - stacking
Virtually everything you need is included in just one program, allowing you control of most of the image processing.
- Windows 7, 8 or 10
- Intel Core 2, 2.8GHz, 2GB memory, USB 2.0
Along with the camera, the drivers and cables required are included - to complete this convenient package.
Included in delivery
- C-mount threads
- parfocal ring
- CD-ROM with software and drivers
- USB cable
- ST-4 auto-guider cable
- no UV-IR filter
* For 50FPS, half-frame, compared to Touptek Product no. 48278
Software download: TOUPTEK Software
For Autoguiding, we recommend the free and open source guiding software PHD2. ToupTek cameras now work natively with PHD2 without the need for ASCOM drivers. (when using Windows and since PHD2 version v2.6.6 or v2.6.5dev6)
Are you still looking for the right ToupTek camera?
- but don't really know which one you need? - selecting the right ToupTek camera is discussed in the blog article ToupTek - which camera is right for me? How to find out at a glance