The new version of the Star Adventurer photo mount adds WiFi to the mount while retaining all the proven features. The Star Adventurer can be operated in the usual way or, as a new feature, via the free Star Adventurer app for Android and iOS.
Easy and multi-functional tracking for astrophotography
The Star Adventurer astrophotography mount allows you to combine cameras and small telescopes in a variety of ways, providing many options for astrophotography and time-lapse photography.
- Star Adventurer offers a stable and portable platform for tracking the motion of the night sky with your DSLR and taking exposures thanks to the automatic DSLR shutter interface (no shuttler cable in the box).
- In addition to tracking the sky's rotation, the Star Adventurer also has special tracking modes for the Sun and the Moon - which also work in the southern hemisphere!
- Pre-set speeds can be selected for time-lapse photography from: 12h per orbit, 4h and 2h per orbit.
- The Star Adventurer camera platform can easily be attached to any tripod with a ¼" or 3/8" connector.
- You can adjust the Star Adventurer to your observing latitude by tilting the tripod head (polar alignment). The integrated illuminated polar finder helps you to do so.
If your tripod does not have tilt head, then you can find a suitable head under “Recommended accessories”. You will also find a dovetail rail there, which can attached to the camera (both are already included in the Skywatcher Mount Star Adventurer 2i Wi-Fi Photo-Set). Furthermore, a ball head is useful.
Power is supplied either by the built-in battery compartment, a 5V DC mains adaptor or via mini-USB.
Star Adventurer: Easy to carry, easy to operate and a joy to use!