This autoguider is a very elegant tracking solution for astro-photography with long exposure times:
For these images you will need an additional autoguider camera which detects the tracking error of your mount and automatically compensates for it using control signals sent to the mount.
In addition you will need usually a laptop or PC to run the autoguider software. The term "stand-alone" means that for this autoguider no additional computer power is required. The software is concealed in the hand control box and the red-light display shows you the camera image, as well as configuration options. There is no more practical solution for autoguiding a SLR camera in mobile use!
The stand-alone autoguider is delivered with everything you need: Camera, hand-control box with display, connection cable (additionally also USB and ST4 cables), and a cigarette-lighter cable for your powertank. The stand-alone autoguider may also be used remotely via a PC. The only other thing you need is the scope. For example you can connect an off-axis guider to the autoguider via the T2 adapter or a suitable finder. You will find both options under "recommended accessories".
The new MGEN-3 version offers many advantages:
- The significantly better hardware enables the new self-learning AI multi-star guiding
- The large colour display makes handling more pleasant
- With the quick-start function, guiding starts with the single push of a button!
- Improved sensitivity with real-time dark frame capture
- Multi-star guiding for improved sub-pixel accuracy
- Polar alignment using the digital Scheiner method
- Snap connector for camera shutter control
- Various dithering modes available
- Guide log display and storage
- Freely selectable binning
- Power supply via USB (5V), only 1.2 Watt
- Integrated Wi-fi module (WLAN)
- AUX port for further accessories
Scope of supply:
- MGEN handbox
- MGEN camera
- 2 USB cables for power supply and camera connection
- Autoguider cable (ST4 standard)
- 4GB micro SD card
Connections on telescope: T2, M28.5x0.6 filter thread, 1.25" plug-in contact
Made in Hungary