The Celestron Focus Motor for SCT and EdgeHD enables electronic focusing using a computer or Celestron computerized mount hand controller for remote/hands-free observing.
- Self-powering: When connected to a Celestron computerized mount, the mount provides the power. When connected directly to a computer, USB provides the power.
- Motor controls include multiple speed rates, automatic GoTo indexed focuser position, and focuser backlash compensation.
- Focuser Utility software for Windows provides a simple user interface. Also compatible with Celestron PWI.
- Enables autofocusing with a camera and third-party software via ASCOM.
- Indexed focus position allows the motor to automatically return to a previous focus position and prevents the focus motor from reaching the end of telescope’s mechanical focus travel.
Compatibility: All SCTs produced after 2006 except 5" SCT, all EdgeHD, RASA 800, RASA 1100, Mak 700. Celestron offers a special adapter for the RASA 1100: Celestron Focuser Retrofit Kit for RASA 1100
Our expert comment:
Celestron offers a free Focuser utility programme for PC-based controls. The Celestron PWI software can also control the focusing motor. To use software from other providers, an ASCOM driver is required.
If you want to use the focusing motor with the hand-held controls, you require a minimum HC firmware version of 5.30.8333 for the NexStar+ and 1.19.19003 for the StarSense hand-held controls.
Information about updates can be found here: https://www.celestron.de/ce_de/firmware-updates/