Cooled black and white camera for demanding astrophotographers!
A modern Panasonic CMOS sensor is used, which convinces with its very high sensitivity and very low noise at the same time.
- USB 3.0 for a fast download - can also be operated with USB 2.0
- DDR memory buffer 256 MB for stable data transfer with USB2.0 - prevents amplifier glowing.
- Powerful Peltier cooling up to 45 ° C under ambient conditions
- Distance T2 connection thread (internal thread) to the camera sensor: 17.5 mm
- High sensitivity - QE over 60% - ideal astronomy camera for faint objects
Application areas of the camera:
- DeepSky images (nebulae and galaxies): Due to the high sensitivity, nebulae and galaxies are visible after only a few seconds. The camera can be cooled to up to 45°C under ambient conditions. As a result, the already low noise is further reduced. By raising the GAIN (Comparable to the ISO setting for digital SLR cameras), you can reduce the exposure time to less than 30 seconds. Effects due to inaccuracies of the tracking are thus switched off.
- Lunar and planetary images: Extremely short exposure times due to high sensitivity. Due to the high resolution of the sensor many details can be reproduced even with a shorter telescope focal length. Video astronomy is also possible.
DDR memory buffer is the main difference between ASI “Cool” and “Pro” cameras: ASI1600 Pro camera includes one 256MB DDR3 memory buffer to help data transfer more stable and no amp-glow issue which is caused by the slow speed data transfer during reading out under USB2.0 Port.
The sensor of the camera is protected by an AR clear glass filter. This grants a full passage also in infrared. If the IR light needs to be blocked, an IR cut filter is needed.
Supported resolutions and frame rates (fps = frames per second):
- 4656×3520 14.7fps
- 3840×2160 23.1fps
- 1920×1680 32.9fps
- 1280×960 47.1fps
- 640×480 80.4fps
- 320×240 124.4fps
- 4656×3520 23fps
- 3840×2160 36.2fps
- 1920×1680 57.7fps
- 1280×960 73.6fps
- 640×480 125.7fps
- 320×240 192.4fps
Cooled ZWO ASI cameras need a 12V power supply, If you don’t have one, please check the recommended accessories for a suitable power adapter.