Thanks to its compact dimensions and robust mechanics, Motic’s SMZ-161 is ideal for any kind of teaching application. Based on the Greenough Optical System with its completely separated viewing paths, the SMZ-161 delivers distortion-free 3-D images. Also further enhancing its image quality, multi-layered lens coatings deliver high contrast images with reduced internal reflections.
The Working Distance
With its standard configuration, the SMZ-161 provides a large working distance of 110 mm, which can be easily extended to 301mm (with additional auxiliary objective 0.3X). To achieve a desired total magnification, objective magnifications less than 1X may be compensated by using higher eyepiece magnifications
(up to 20X).
Motic’s SMZ-161 optical heads come as Binocular or Trinocular versions, each with a 45° viewing angle, WF10X/20 eyepieces and built-in 1X objective lens. For special experimental setups or OEM inspection applications, a compact Binocular head with 60° viewing angle is also available. The anti-fungus treatment of all optics allows the use of the SMZ-161 in a variety of humid environments.
Besides the Standard packages, the SMZ-161 system also offers modular components for a personal configuration depending on the requirements of the workplace set-up. The industrial boom stands for larger viewing samples may replace the Plain and Transmitted light stands to increase user freedom significantly. All these stands require a separate illumination system following the requirements of the sample.
Illumination is a critical issue to ensure the proper image rendering when using a stereo microscope. Motic offers a wide range of illumination options to be combined with the SMZ-161 optics. Especially for living samples in biology, Motic recommends LED illumination due to its negligible heat development and
minimized impact on living specimens. A more powerful solution is provided by the Motic Cold light source MLC-150. A variety of light guides for flexible illumination options are also available.
• Greenough Optical System
• Achromatic optics with anti-fungus treatment
• Widefield binocular/trinocular 45º observation tube (light distribution 0:100 left eyetube/trinotube in photo position)
• Widefield high eyepoint eyepieces, WF 10X/20 with diopter adjustment on both eyepiece tubes +/- 5dpt
• Interpupillary distance 50-75mm
• Zoom 6:1; 5 clickstops
• 7.5X-45X Standard magnification
• Working distance 110mm
- Greenough zoom optical system
- Binocular head, 45º inclined, 360º rotating
- Widefield eyepieces WF10X/20mm
- 6:1 Zoom ratio, WD=110mm
- Objective magnification range: 0.75X-4.5X
- Plain stand
- Head holder without light
- Coarse focusing system with tension adjustment
- Black/White stage plate and dust cover