In the CQ350, Skywatcher has created a heavy mount, which is still suitable for mobile astronomy. Thanks to its load capacity, it sits between the smaller EQ6-R and the larger EQ8-R.
The CQ350 is equally well suited for astrophotography in your own garden as it is for observatories; and thus represents an excellent compromise between mobile and stationary use.
Summary of key features:
- Load capacity up to 35 kilograms
- State-of-the-art computer controls (GoTo) with SynScan V.5 hand control box
- Integrated database containing 42,900 objects
- Toothed belt drive for smooth operation without gear backlash
- Dual dovetail clamp to accommodate all popular telescopes
This quietly operated mount is moved using belt drives with stepper motors in both axes (Encoder resolution: 55,193,600 counts/rev, 0.023 arcseconds). Its quiet operation and high slewing speed makes this mount even appeal to observatories with public guided tours.
The mount comes with counterweights and a tripod. However, the mount can also be purchased without a tripod if you want to use it in a fixed position in an observatory. You can find both versions here in our shop.