Meade's Infinity series telescopes are ideal for anyone looking for an inexpensive introduction to astronomy.
- explore the Moon and planets - discover the lunar craters and mountains, admire Saturn's magnificent rings and observe the four largest moons of Jupiter - as Galileo Galilei once did. But also observe the brighter nebulae, such as the Orion Nebula 1350 light-years away! Countless double stars, such as the beautiful double star Albireo in Cygnus, can also be made out.
- the alt-azimuth mount is intuitive to operate and immediately ready for use. The tripod is also quite light, making the entire system portable.
- delivery includes everything that you will need, especially eyepieces, which allow you to use various magnifications. The 1.25" focuser is a standard size that allows the use of a multitude of other accessories.
This item, included in the accessories, lets you see an upright non-reversed image in the eyepiece - making this telescope, in combination with the alt-azimuth mount, also ideal for nature-watching by day.
AC 80/400 telescope: A short tube, uncomplicated instrument for astronomical or terrestrial observing. The 80mm diameter lens is enough for this telescope to view the farthest reaches of the universe at an affordable price. Its short focal length makes this a so-called 'rich field' telescope, making stunning wide angle observing possible. Of course, the resolving power of the refractor is even higher than that of the 70mm version. The higher, 1.14 arc seconds, resolution provides you with a more detailed view when planetary observing. Enjoy seemingly three-dimensional views of the Andromeda Galaxy or the Orion Nebula, with the huge field of view making your observing seem almost like a space walk.
Refractor telescopes such as this are also particularly suitable for children, as the eyepiece is located nearer the ground and can be reached without needing a ladder. Also, operation is very intuitive and no collimation is necessary - a telescope for beginners and the entire family!
Included as a bonus - AutoStar Suite® Astronomer Edition software on DVD. This Windows operating systems software can show you over 10,000 astronomical objects. You can also use it to plan your observing and even print out star charts using it.
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.