The Orion N100/400 telescope:
Although this telescope is perfect for beginners and children, it is not a toy, but a high-quality reflector, making your first explorations of the night sky a lot of fun. The handy and compact telescope can fit on any table and can be quickly taken with you wherever you may want to go. The optics collect enough light to be able to see details on the Moon, nebulae and even some galaxies, even if you want to observe from light-polluted locations such as cities.
The advantages in a nutshell:
- good value for money
- good beginner's telescope
- very handy, as it is small and light
The Orion SkyScanner Dobsonian mount:
This mini Dobsonian mount is lightweight and the right size for virtually any table top. So it is ideal for taking with you for marveling at the night sky from anywhere you happen to be. It is relatively robust, being constructed of wood, and can stand up to a lot. If a table top is not available it is no problem, the base of the mount can easily be set onto a tripod.
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.
This telescope is not used on the ground, but is instead placed on a table or a similar elevated platform.
If you want a larger Dobsonian telescope with a base for use on the ground, then the following is a suitable example: The Orion N 114 / 910 SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dob Dobsonian telescope (Product No. 13768)