More about the series LX200...
Similar to illustration. (tripod not included in delivery)
Meade ACF-SC telescopes:
Almost every large telescope worldwide is a Ritchey-Chrétien, including NASA's Hubble space telescope. The technology used by the pros can now belong to you too. Meade's new Advanced Coma-Free System - powerful and high-precision - is within the reach of all ambitious amateur astronomers, astrophotographers and CCD photographers! It provides perfectly sharp star images, at the highest professional observatory level, over the entire field of view. The secret of coma-free system is - as the name says - the complete absence of coma, an optical aberration in which starlight is distorted and pulled into comet-like tails outside the central part of the image. Whether for observing or photography, the ACF Cassegrain optics from Meade is way ahead of conventional mass produced telescopes. It offers fantastic image quality, previously only available from Ritchey Chrétien telescopes and other exotic systems costing several times as much as the Meade system.
The Meade LX200 mount:
This stable high performance GoTo mount simplifies finding objects in the night sky, both for beginners and experienced observers, and also for photographers The Sony GPS receiver with its Level North Technology (LNT) assists in a rapid and accurate alignment process that uses automatic acquisition of the precise time, date, and location. The AutoStar II software then puts about 145,000 objects of the night sky at your disposal. Observe planets, stars, galaxies, nebulae and comets - simply by pressing a button! Perhaps you don't know the night sky very well? Then simply let the pre-programmed 'Tonight's Best' tour take you to the most rewarding objects! Astronomy was never this easy and convenient.
This mount is available with a tripod and steel pier and is hence adaptable to the intended use and personal preference.
Included in delivery:
- heavy duty LX200 mount with a 102mm taper bearings
- 146mm LX worm gears on both axes
- multifunction port with two RS-232 interfaces
- manual and electrical control functions on both axes
- AutoStar II hand box with 3.5MB of flash memory and digital display
- 9 speed, programmable Smart Drive on both axes
- GoTo function with over 144,000 selectable objects
- AutoStar software suite
- German instruction manual
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.