PRO RCs from Officina Stellare: The choice of professionals.
The advantages of the Ritchey-Chrétien telescopes are very well known. It’s the most widely used optical scheme by professional astronomers and astroimagers all over the world. The Hubble Space Telescope itself uses the RC configuration.
PRO RCs by Officina Stellare represent a step forward in state of the art professional instruments. The PRO RC design is a two element combination of hyperbolic mirrors designed by the most experienced optical engineers with the objective of providing outstanding optical performances. The use of specially figured optical elements results in a superb optical quality, suited for the most demanding researchears, astroimagers and professional use.
Maximum light transmission, widest spectral range and a highly corrected large field are the features of the PRO RC design. The PRO RC Series cover edge to edge even the largest CCD with the smallest spot size available on the market. Without the optional flattener lens group (which is an easily user add on optional), and thanks to the versatility of the highly corrected hyperbolic design, the professionals can work with an all reflective system, with increased light transmission and the widest possible spectral range.
Optics: The Officina Stellare PRO RC Series are built around the best quality true Ritchey-Chrétien optical sets available today.
- All telescopes can be provided with its own interferometric report, stating and certifying the overall quality.
- Officina Stellare offers both low expansion glass (borosilicate, Pirex or similar) or near zero expansion ceramic glass substrate options (Ohara Clear Ceram Z HS, Japan, which is one of the best ceramic glass available on the market today).
Mechanics: The Officina Stellare PRO RC Series carbon fibre/aluminum compound structure is designed and optimized with CAD and computer support modelling to achieve the best rigidity and lightness.
- Only full CNC machined parts are used to guarantee the best possible precision. Only special aluminum alloy, stainless steel, titanium and brass metals are used for long lasting, low maintenance operations.
- High resistance anodization or multiplayer paint for unbeatable resistance to environmental conditions.
- Unique and innovative design of both primary and secondary mirror holding cells. Absolutely no astigmatism is induced on the mirrors and the absence of mirror shift or flop is guaranteed.
- Fastest possible thermal stabilization time, thanks to the mechanical design of cells and to the presence of high quality fans.
- Simple to use, efficient and absolutely rock solid collimation system.
Full attention to constructive details: computer designed baffles to protect focal plane from stray light, focal plane tilt adjusting, large focus extraction, high precision spherical joints in the truss structure, double parallel split ring for the secon-dary mirror/spider support, radial micrometric adjusting of spider, manual or motorized zero shift secondary mirror movement, special opaque paint for all optical path sensible parts and many more details are optimized for professional use.
Three versions for every RC Pro Telescope:
- SGA: standard glass set / truss aluminum-carbon tube
- CGA: ceramic glass set / truss aluminum-carbon tube
- CGC: ceramic glass set / full carbon tube