Omegon Maksutov MightyMak with Merlin GoTo mount
An adventure among the stars is waiting for you with the MightyMak telescope and Merlin GoTo mount. This compact table-top model has everything that the big computer-controlled telescopes have - fine mirror optics and automatic control. The telescope will find the Moon, a planet or a star cluster for you at the push of a button. Great moments of observing for every astronomy beginner!
Omegon MightyMak: An elegant Maksutov telescope for astronomy and nature-watching
Do you want to be able to observe the Moon and planets but also landscape, trees and animals? The Omegon MightyMak is a compact all-rounder that is easy to use for almost all types of observing and for photography. Its compact length means it fits in virtually any bag. The MightyMak is the right telescope if you love both - the stars and nature.
The advantages in a nutshell:
- compact telescope with upright image for stars and nature
- coated front lens element minimizes reflections
- elegant design - glossy black with gold strips
- T-2 thread with buffer ring for an exact fit with your camera
- finder shoe for connecting the finder
- GP prism rail - fits tripod and all mounts with a GP profile
- Get started immediately - table-top tripod, 1 eyepiece and bag included
Multiple observing possibilities - at home and in the universe
It makes no difference to this Maksutov telescope whether you have a deer on the edge of a forest or a planet in its sights. You will discover, for example, the large moons and cloud bands on Jupiter. Saturn displays its huge majestic rings. You will also benefit from particularly sharp images with plenty of contrast due to the built-in coated Maksutov lens.
Bring the distant close - a telephoto lens for your camera
A T-2 thread lets you easily use the MightyMak as a telephoto lens. An additional T-Ring lets you connect your camera and shoot images at a long focal length. The buffer ring also ensures smooth docking to the telescope.
A bright images and large field of view
The MightyMak is a reflector telescope employing the Maksutov design. This telescope has a slightly shorter focal length as compared with models from other manufacturers. This has a positive effect, with a brighter image and a larger field of view.
Locating the goal - a shoe for your finder scope
The standard finder shoe provided will accept the most popular finder scopes - so you can decide yourself whether you prefer to use a red dot finder or an optical finder.
Prism rail for tripods and mounts
The prism rail provided lets you attach your telescope to any astronomical mount with a GP profile, which has become the standard fitting. Three 0.25" photo-threads make mounting onto a tripod a piece of cake.
Gentle clamping for 1.25" eyepieces
A 1.25" connection lets you attach any 1.25" eyepiece, even when from a different manufacturer. Your observing ultimately depends on using the correct magnification and having a comfortable viewing angle. A compression ring ensures that your eyepieces are firmly but gently held in place.
A package for getting started
With the Omegon MightyMak you also get a table-top tripod and an eyepiece - all together in a bag. So you can easily take everything with you anywhere - on a plane trip, on an excursion with a light rucksack or simply in your own garden for a trip to the Moon and planets.
The Merlin TableTop GOTO mount is another exciting new development from Sky-Watcher. It is quick and convenient to set-up on a patio or picnic table and ideal for travelling with, due its compact size.
Compact telescope OTA’s up to approximately 4kg can be attached via the standard Sky-Watcher/Vixen dovetail bar fitting. Also spotting scopes can be attached via their tripod adaptor bush and mounted on the supplied L-Bracket.
The SynScan™ AZ hand control allows you point your telescope at a specific object, or even tour the night sky at the touch of a button!! The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,900+ night sky objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions.
- SynScan™ Database: Total 42,900+ Objects, including Complete M, NGC, IC & SAO Catalogues
- Alignment Method: Two-star or Brightest star alignment
- Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE) feature
- Unknown Object Indentification feature
- Pointing Accuracy up to 10 arc min
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Slewing Speeds: 1.0x, 2.0x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axis Tracking
- Quiet Operation
- Motor Type & Resolution: DC Servo Motors. Resolution 0.8923 arc sec or 1,452,425 steps/rev
- PC Compatible: can be used with popular Planetarium Software.
- SynScan Handset Firmware upgradeable via the Internet
- Height 35cm
- Weight 2.9kg
- Power Requirement: 12v DC Power Supply (Tip Positive) or AA Batteries (not supplied). Sky-Watcher 7Ah or 17Ah Power Tank Recommended
Included in delivery
- OTA with eyepiece, mirror star diagonal, LED finder, bag
- table-top tripod for nature-watching
- Merlin GoTo mount with Synscan control