AC 80/400 telescope: A short tube, uncomplicated instrument for astronomical or terrestrial observing. The 80mm diameter lens is enough for this telescope to view the farthest reaches of the universe at an affordable price. Its short focal length makes this a so-called 'rich field' telescope, making stunning wide angle observing possible. Of course, the resolving power of the refractor is even higher than that of the 70mm version. The higher, 1.14 arc seconds, resolution provides you with a more detailed view when planetary observing. Enjoy seemingly three-dimensional views of the Andromeda Galaxy or the Orion Nebula, with the huge field of view making your observing seem almost like a space walk.
The Skywatcher AZ-3 is a practical altazimuth mount, easy-to-use and providing good stability.
It can serve as a base for terrestrial or astronomical observing and support telescopes or spotting scopes up to a maximum weight of 5kg (refractors of up to 120mm aperture and reflectors of up to 150mm diameter).
The AZ-3 has horizontal quick adjustment plus a locking screw, and vertical quick adjustment with a slipper clutch. There is fine adjustment with flexible slow motions available on both axes. The tracking is absolutely smooth and sensitive adjustment and allows fine adjustment even at high magnification.
The vertical angle can be adjusted between 50 and 90 degrees, allowing viewing from the horizon up to nearly the zenith and panning 360°. The AZ-3 mount is hence equally suited for terrestrial and astronomical observing. The telescope/spotting scope is mounted via tube ring clamps.
- altazimuth mount allowing 360° panning and adjustable from the horizon to almost the zenith
- vertical rapid adjustment with slipper clutch
- fine adjustment via flexible slow motions
- aluminium tripod - infinitely adjustable from 70cm to 123cm
- entire weight only approx. 3.9kg, including tripod
Included in delivery:
- AZ-3 altazimuth mount
- height-adjustable tripod
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.