The EQ3-2 mount:
This mount is a further development of the EQ-3 mount designed in white. It provides a stable base for most medium-sized optics and is ideal for exploring the night sky. Once you have aligned the parallactic mount with the Pole Star, you can easily sight on an object, adjust it in the field of view and track it using the flexible slow-motions. Fine adjustment is possible in both right ascension and declination. The polar elevation at the observing site can be set using the fine scale provided and adjusted perfectly by using two screws. Both polar finder and electric motors plus a control can be retrofitted to both axes: the EQ3-2 is suitable not only for visual observing, but also for getting started in astrophotography. With optional add-ons such as the motor kit or GoTo upgrade kit, long exposure astrophotography also becomes possible. With a little practice, you will soon be able to produce successful images of galaxies and nebulae.
Included with the mount:
- mount with manual adjustment knobs
- extra brace with eyepiece tray
- suitable counterweights
This telescope comes complete with a light aluminium tripod, so the total weight of the telescope is lower than if a tubular steel tripod was used, making it easier to transport.
The optics AC 102/1000:
Due to its 102 mm opening, this refractor can be used for planet-watching and also fog or galaxies.
Notable is also the very low colour-error due to its exellent optics.
- low colour-error
- 2-inch ocular
- for astro-photography
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.