Celestron AC 80/900 telescope:
This high-quality refractor with fully coated optics is a medium priced beginner's telescope. The 80mm aperture allows you to explore the solar system, as well as providing the first views of the wonders of the wider universe. The OTA is attached to the mount via a quick-release, allowing the telescope to be set up in minutes without any tools or specialist knowledge required.
The Celestron LCM mount:
This fully computerized mount is an affordable entry-level introduction into the world of the GoTo telescopes. The LCM (Lightweight Computerized Mount) combines the proven NexStar control with extremely low weight and sufficient stability for smaller telescopes. At the click of a button you are taken to any location you desire from the internal database of 4,000 stored objects with the mount then taking over the tracking for you. In other words, it automatically compensates for the rotation of the Earth, so that you always have the object you want to observe in the middle of field of view. Alignment is carried out by the simple 3 point method for example: you point the telescope at any 3 celestial objects, one after the other, and the software then calculates your exact location independently.
Included with the mount:
- Celestron LCM altazimuth single-arm GoTo mount
- NexStar hand controller, flash-upgradable
- aluminium tripod with eyepiece rack
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.