This instrument is a very nice, extremely well made beginner's telescope. The high quality of the optical elements employed offers an unusually sharp, high-contrast image for this class of telescope. The permanently mounted red dot finder allows you to quickly and easily find object you wish to observe. The 1.25" rack and pinion focuser lets you smoothly adjust the focus. The telescope is ideal for the natural watching and terrestrial observing as well as for astronomical applications such as lunar and planetary observing. The OTA fixes onto the mount using the usual dovetail rail. The instrument can be completely assembled within a few minutes, without any specialist knowledge and without needing any tools.
Included in delivery with the telescope:
- Celestron N 76/700 OTA with 76mm aperture and 700mm focal length
- 1.25", 10mm and 20mm eyepieces
- red dot finder
- dovetail mounting rail
- 'The Sky Level 1' software CD
The Celestron CG-2 mount:
This parallactic mount is sufficient for telescopes of up to approximately 3 kg total weight. Setting circles on both axes allow manual fine adjustment via flexible slow motions, making this very sensitive. In contrast to the slightly larger CG-3 mount, the declination axis is somewhat less robust than the right ascension axis and therefore does not offer quite the same quality of fine adjustment. The height-adjustable, completely preassembled tripod has tubular 1.25" diameter steel legs and provides a stable and vibration-free platform for mount and telescope. You can keep all your important accessories on the tray provided and so always have them close at hand.
A motor for automatic tracking can be retrofitted to the right ascension axis, and is already included with the Astromaster MD models.
Included with the mount:
- CG-2 parallactic mount
- adjustable tubular steel tripod
- accessory tray
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.