The Orion SkyQuest telescope:
The optics of this Newtonian reflector telescope are of Orion's customary high quality. The soda lime glass mirror is supplied with high-quality aluminium and silicon dioxide coatings. Focusing on models up to 150mm aperture is via a 1.25" rack-and-pinion drive, and from 203mm aperture a 2" Crayford focuser is used.
The Dobsonian base turns on smoothly running Teflon bearings, so allowing jerk-free, effortless movement of the telescope. The tube holds position as it is suspended in perfect balance. The components of the telescope are both easy to handle and light; the telescope is eminently portable and can be assembled in just a few steps and without specialist knowledge or tools. The entire construction distinguishes itself by its insensitivity to wind and its stability.
The Orion Object Locator allows you to quickly find more than 14,000 pre-programmed objects in the night sky. Firstly, the telescope is set up for the site you are at by using a simple alignment routine. The destination target is then selected from the library of objects by using the illuminated hand controller and the telescope is manually moved by following the directions given by the Object Locator - which appear as arrows displayed on the screen. Within a very short time you will have pointed your telescope at the object selected and you will be able to see it in the field of view of the eyepiece.
You can choose the targets by type (e.g. planets, nebulae, clusters, galaxies) or by catalogue number (e.g. M57, NGC253). Another way is to choose one of the 12 pre-programmed tours, which will show you the most interesting objects to be seen during the current month. The reverse is also possible: if you stumble on an interesting object during one of your excursions in the night sky that you cannot identify, the Object Locator can tell you what it is: If you press the ID button, you will immediately receive current information about what you are seeing, including the type of object, its name, its size and the constellation it is in. The Object Locator turns your telescope into a flexible instrument that will provide even beginners with long-lasting pleasure.
Included in delivery of Dobsonian Orion N 203/1200 IntelliScope:
- OTA with 203mm aperture and 1200mm focal length
- Crayford focuser (2")
- eyepiece adapter 2"- 1.25"
- SPL 25mm and SPL 10mm (1.25") eyepieces
- 9x50 finder scope with angled eyepiece
- Dobsonian mount with Teflon bearings and built-in eyepiece rack
- IntelliScope Object Locator with over 14,000 pre-programmed objects
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.