A large aperture for a little money - that was always the main idea when acquiring a Dobsonian telescope. With their BlackDiamond Dobsonian, Sky-Watcher have created a classic with a new slant. The new, patented, a novel patented sliding rod design makes it is particularly easy to transport. Another advantage of this is that it allows the focus point to be flexibly shifted by sliding the rods further in or out.
The telescope and mount:
This Black Diamond truss tube Dobsonian comes equipped with a 14 inch parabolic mirror. A 14 inch telescope provides enormous light gathering capacity but remains fairly easy to transport. A 14 incher collects 36% more light compared to a 12 incher. This is immediately noticeable when looking through the eyepiece. Interesting things, beyond the usual range of objects, can be discovered with such an instrument. With good seeing, almost all of the NGC catalogue objects are visible. An aperture ratio of f4.9 and a finely adjustable 2 inch focuser make this telescope suitable for the photography of the brighter objects. A large amount of detail can be seen on planets under good seeing conditions. Saturn shows half a dozen of its moons as well as the gaps in the rings.
The telescope is equipped with a smoothly operating Crayford focuser, which allows precise focusing adjustment. A T2 camera connector is included with the focuser. A camera-specific T2 adapter, which is included in our product range, is additionally required for using a DSLR camera.
Truss tube Dobsonians are particularly popular with committed observers due to their excellent portability. Skywatcher offers an especially easy to manage system with its new FlexTube Dobsonians. Only having 3 tubes, they can be quickly collapsed. On arriving at the observing site you simply need to extend the tubes again and you have a fully operational and aligned instrument within seconds. The telescope is still very rigid even in its fully extended configuration. The manufacturer promises very stable collimation despite the simple design.
Included in delivery:
- optics with a collapsible tube
- reinforced rocker box
- 10mm and 25mm eyepieces (1.25")
- 2 inch Crayford focuser with 1.25 inch adapter and T2 camera connector
- 9x50 quick-release finder for easy location of objects in the night sky
- primary mirror with central marker for a easier collimation
- user manual in German
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.