The MC 102/1300 telescope: This telescope is an ideal companion for trips and is suitable both for astronomy and for use as a reflector spotting scope for nature watching. This telescope is also super for letting children take their first steps in observing the night sky. The extremely compact design fits into virtually any hand luggage and is also known for the very high-contrast image it produces. Its 102mm aperture collects much more light than its 90mm little brother - the light collecting capacity is 212X more than the naked eye alone (for a 7mm exit pupil). Although the overall length is only 28cm, it has a long focal length of 1300mm resulting in an aperture ratio of f12.7.
Astronomically, this telescope has had a lot to offer: with a resolution of 1.13 arc seconds, planets become beautiful objects to observe. Exploring deep sky objects such as the Orion Nebula or the summer Milky Way is also highly enjoyable. This telescope also provides an appropriately low priced alternative as a spotting scope for nature watching. Many classic spotting scopes only start to include adapters for use with a camera at the higher end of the market, at several hundred Euros. This telescope is different: it comes with a large range of adaptations for nature photography included. The 1300mm focal length means that low cost bird photography is possible. The built-in T-2 thread allows the simple connection of an SLR camera. And, for astrophotography, you can also take shots of the Moon for example. The focusing sharpness is set by adjusting a knob on the side which moves the primary mirror forwards or backwards. This type of focusing mechanism provides a large back focus, enabling a wide range of add-on options to be used.
The advantages in a nutshell:
- compact telescope with long focal length and 102mm aperture
- high contrast image
- 1.25" connection with T-2 thread
- nature watching and photography possible
The mount AZ-S GoTo:
This one-arm mount is equipped with a Computerhandbox that can automatically trigger thousands of celestial objects. The operation of the controller is very simple. To calibrate the device in the sky, no extensive knowledge of the starry sky is necessary. Just point at three bright stars - the rest makes the control system. Anyone who wants it simple and easy is right with this device. The mount is quick to set up and after a few nights of practice, you can use its full potential. The software offers you nearly 40,000 objects. Get to star clusters, galaxies, planetary nebulae, or come close to the resolution limit of the device on double stars.
Delivery of the mount includes:
- motorized mount AZ-S with GoTo controller
- Hand controller for controlling the motors and control of the tracker
- Steady steel tripod (height adjustable from 71cm to 121cm)
- Storage Area
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.