N 150/750 telescope: This versatile Newtonian reflecting telescope provides both beginners and more experienced amateur astronomers plenty of light and high stability for a very modest price. It collects so much light with its generous 150mm diameter that distant DSOs such as the Ring Nebula in Lyra or the Dumbbell Nebula become beautifully visible and globular clusters, such as M13, resolve into a multitude of individual stars at their edges. Planetary observing provides rich detail in images of Saturn, Jupiter, Venus and Mars. The f5 focal ratio means this reflector falls into the class of 'fast' Newtonian telescopes. This telescope is therefore particularly suitable for astrophotography. The light gathering capacity of the 150 is 460 times greater than that of the naked eye alone (with a 7mm fully dilated pupil).
The advantages in a nutshell:
- relatively high light gathering power thanks to 150mm aperture
- resistant to vibration and wind due to compact design
- diffraction limited parabolic primary mirror
- high-contrast image due to thin secondary mirror spider vanes
- portable and quickly assembled
- exposure times for astrophotography can due to the short focal length
The Star Discovery mount with SynScan™ WIFI module generates its own WLAN. This makes it wirelessly controllable with your Android, iOS smartphone or tablet. All you have to do is install the free SynScan app on your mobile device.
Control via the SynScan app has many advantages - It is wireless, particularly intuitive with its touch screen and graphical user interface and offers other options, such as the astronomical highlights for the current night, identification of astronomical objects, etc.
The initialization required before observing is also very straightforward and uses GPS data from your mobile device. After performing the simple alignment procedure, you are then immediately ready to start exploring the universe. The SynScan app allows fully computerized GoTo control of the mount and automatically slews your telescope to any object you select from the extensive database of over 10,000 objects.
- Freedom-Find™ Double Encoder Technology - you can move the mount by hand, after freeing the clutches, without losing the computer control's orientation. Fast slewing by hand is quieter and saves on battery life.
- and speaking of quiet - the mount operates with very little noise, so your neighbours will be happy.
- you can connect any telescope, up to five kilos in weight, that has a Vixen standard prism rail.
- the mount has a battery compartment. You can also connect a power adapter (12V, centre contact positive). We recommend using a 'Powertank' (see 'Recommended Accessories').
- low weight - altazimuth single-arm mounts are very lightweight due to their design and are therefore particularly suitable for mobile use.
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.