Celestron presents four new telescopes from the Omni XLT series on a newly designed CG-4 mount:
The 120 mm refractor with 1000mm focal length is a good telescope for planetary observing.
But also deep-sky objects are very pleasant to observe. This refractor offers a good balance between 'speed' and contrast, as well as being transportable. The light gathering capacity of this telescope is around 38% higher than the smaller 102mm refractor. So it boasts good contrast and high light collecting capacity for planetary observing. Chromatic aberration with the 1:8.3 aperture ratio telescope is well corrected by the crown and flint glass doublet lens system.
- highest optical quality including Celestron XLT coatings,
- stable, high-precision mount including setting circles (can be retrofitted with tracking motors for getting started in astrophotography!),
- worm gear drives on ball bearings,
- extremely stiff steel tripod,
- assembly requires no tools
- best value for money