Digital Schmidt camera for wide angle astrophotography!
This astrograph makes it very easy to create stunning photos with a modern DSLR or astronomical CCD camera. The new optical design has a four-lens corrector, incorporating rare earth glass, which suppresses chromatic aberrations and other problems such as coma and field curvature. Never before has an astrograph in this price range delivered such optical quality and spot size over the entire image field. The design also allows for a very low vignetting.
- super-fast 11" f2.2 optics - sharply images APS format and is even optimized for sensor sizes up to a 70mm field diagonal.
- extremely short exposure times - the RASA Astrograph acquires images twenty times faster than at f10! Thirty seconds at f2.2 correspond to ten minutes at f10 - tracking control is hence superfluous!
- huge field of view - with a 620mm focal length, makes wide-angle shots a piece of cake and you and always have an overview
- excellent focusing mechanism - new bronze bearings reduce image shift, the 10:1 FeatherTouch micro-focuser allows highly precise focusing!
- innovative Features - quieter 12V MagLev fan reduces the cooling phase, keeps out dust and allows optimum air circulation in the OTA. Various adapters for popular camera brands are included. Back focus for the camera supplied adapters: 55mm, back focus for the front lens group: 69.26mm
RASA stands for Rowe-Ackermann-Schmidt Astrograph - Dave Rowe and Mark Ackermann are renowned optical instrument designers. Together, they hold numerous patents on their inventions. The RASA astrograph combines their expertise and experience.
Another special feature of the RASA 1100 is the focusing - bronze bearings reduce image shift, the 10:1 Feather-Touch Micro-Focuser allows the most precise fine focusing adjustment!
Which cameras is the RASA 1100 suitable for?
This Schmidt astrograph offers an image circle of fully 43mm, so you get pin sharp stars even on large sensors - up to 52mm is usable. This large illuminated image circle and a focal length of only 620mm make this the perfect instrument for astrophotography of large areas of the night sky and extended astronomical objects. For example, you can create mosaics of the entire night sky or look for varaible stars, supernovae or comets.