More about the series PST...
The PST is the latest innovation from Coronado. This "little" telescope is another step toward our goal of making it possible for everyone to, "Experience the Sun our way."
Sub angstrom H-alpha systems have long been cost prohibitive for the amateur. Designs other than the Coronado are difficult to use because of temperature and F-Ratio requirements. Not only does the PST have a bandpass of <1.0 Angstrom but it is also thermally stable and requires no more time to operate than putting in a eyepiece and adjusting the focus?
The PST represents the same technology and quality that goes into a SolarMax series telescope but with a few unique design characteristics that allow us to offer it for less than some premium eyepieces. The PST will show you prominences, active regions, filaments, as well as other surface details.
At <1.0 Angstrom it will not reveal as much surface detail as the SolarMax series telescopes and filters but it certainly doesn?t disappoint.
- Aperture: 40mm
- Focal Length: 400mm
- F/Ratio: F/10
- Bandwidth: <0.5 Anstrom
- Thermal Stability: 0.005 Angstrom / K
- Safety Blocking: >10^-5 from EUV/IR
- bandwidth: < 1 Angstrom
- temperature drift: 0.005 A/K
- energy protection: > 10^-5 from UV to IR
It not only matters which telescope you buy but also where you buy it. Our additional services:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know the devices we sell. Our customer service team will gladly help you after your purchase if you have problems with assembly or operation.
- We provide a copy of the 80-page Telescope ABC beginners handbook with every telescope.
- We also provide an edition of the exciting astronomy magazine, “Sterne und Weltraum” with each telescope.
Our expert comment:
The PST has been designed with a short focus path, meaning cameras cannot be focused. A Barlow lens can be employed to lengthen the focus. Unfortunately, not every Barlow works. In practice, the Hyperion Barlow, product number 23745 has proven itself. The Hyperion Barlow allows you to achieve sharp focus with DSLRs, DMKs and webcams.