Esprit ED refractor - triplet apochromat telescope from Skywatcher
These three lens element Esprit apochromats are the new top-of-the-range models in Skywatcher's stable. Skywatcher is offering quality high-end telescopes in apertures of 120mm and 150mm for astrophotographers and demanding observers.
The triplet lens consists of an Ohara-FPL 53 lens and two elements from Schott. This combination shows no detectable colour fringing and provides a high contrast image.
Flat image field
An additional built-in flat-field corrector means Esprit apos always deliver absolutely flat and sharp images. The corrector sits directly on the focuser and provides very well corrected shots even if you are using a full format chip camera.
Linear Power focuser
The 3" Linear Power focuser provides you with all the options you need for astrophotography. Its size means that even full frame camera chips are optimally illuminated. Additional adapters reduce this large opening to the standard 2" or 1.25" sizes, as required.
This new Linear Power focuser can support even heavier accessories. The drawtube runs on a sturdy stainless steel rail and additional four roller bearings. The focuser is hence just as easy to use as a Crayford focuser, but able to carry much larger loads. This focuser can also be rotated which is immensely useful for astrophotography, so you can easily find the right camera orientation for your favourite photo subjects.
The 1:11 reduction ratio always guarantees sensitive and accurate focusing to give the optimum sharpness for camera and eyepiece.
The advantages at a glance:
- triplet apochromatic objective
- FLP-53 Ohara glass
- remarkable contrast and no detectable colour fringing
- objective lens cell easily collimated
- good illumination - even of full-frame camera chips
- 3" Linear Power focuser with 2" and 1.25 "adapters
- 1:11 reduction ratio for extremely accurate focusing
- focuser can carry up to 5kg unclamped and up to 10kg clamped
- very high-quality mechanical and optical manufacturing
- pull-out dew shield
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.