The Sky-Watcher AC 102/500 telescope:
An uncomplicated instrument of very short length for viewing the heavens or for terrestrial observing. With a 102mm objective lens, this telescope allows a glimpse of the vastness of the universe at an affordable price. Its short focal length means it can be called a 'rich field' telescope, which allows great wide angle observing. This refractor is has more resolution than a 70mm, meaning you can see greater detail when planetary observing. The resolution is 1.14 arc-seconds. Experience the Andromeda Galaxy or the Orion Nebula almost three-dimensionally, because the gigantic field of view turns your observing into a space walk.
The easy-to-use precision mount for astronomy and observing in the countryside
- wide range of adjustment - all the way from the zenith down to the valley
- rapidly moveable, without clamping, via slipper clutch
- precision adjustment on two axes with worm gear
This mount lets you equally easily and straightforwardly take observe the night sky or observe nature during the daytime. It is ideal for small refractor telescopes up to five kilograms in weight.
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.