A super+bright Kometensucher when short dimensions.
with azimuthal installing Az-3, Sucher 6x30mm, zenith prism 1.25", eyepiece set 1.25"and aluminium tripod.
A perfect companion to large spotting scopes, this all-metal alt-azimuth mount is exceptionally sturdy and easy to operate. It features slow-motion control cables on both axes, allowing horizontal and vertical operation.
a completely new Design: nearly 5 tariff opening with only 600mm focal length.
an absolute world novelty!
The Skywatcher AZ-3 is a practical altazimuth mount, easy-to-use and providing good stability.
It can serve as a base for terrestrial or astronomical observing and support telescopes or spotting scopes up to a maximum weight of 5kg (refractors of up to 120mm aperture and reflectors of up to 150mm diameter).
The AZ-3 has horizontal quick adjustment plus a locking screw, and vertical quick adjustment with a slipper clutch. There is fine adjustment with flexible slow motions available on both axes. The tracking is absolutely smooth and sensitive adjustment and allows fine adjustment even at high magnification.
The vertical angle can be adjusted between 50 and 90 degrees, allowing viewing from the horizon up to nearly the zenith and panning 360°. The AZ-3 mount is hence equally suited for terrestrial and astronomical observing. The telescope/spotting scope is mounted via tube ring clamps.
- altazimuth mount allowing 360° panning and adjustable from the horizon to almost the zenith
- vertical rapid adjustment with slipper clutch
- fine adjustment via flexible slow motions
- aluminium tripod - infinitely adjustable from 70cm to 123cm
- entire weight only approx. 3.9kg, including tripod
Included in delivery:
- AZ-3 altazimuth mount
- height-adjustable tripod
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.
Refracting telescopes with a focal ratio of f5 are particularly suitable for wide field observing at low magnifications. The 2 inch focuser accepts appropriate wide angle eyepieces such as the Omegon 32mm SWA eyepiece and a 2 inch star diagonal. For observing extended nebulae, such as NGC7000, a 2 inch nebula filter is the ideal accessory ( 2 inch CLS filter ) all doublet Fraunhofer telescopes have chromatic aberration inherent in their design, but this colour fringing disappears when using a nebula filter.
Tip: Optimal alignment of AZ-3 mount
The AZ-3 mount is well suited for both terrestrial and astronomical observing.
1. Terrestrial observing
For terrestrial observing, just set the telescope in the AZ-3 in a horizontal position. Slightly loosen the tube ring clamps and push the OTA slightly forwards or backwards so that the tube is balanced and does not tip forwards or backwards. Then re-tighten the clamps.
2. Astronomical observing
- loosen you the large side screw and position the OTA pointing upwards at an angle of about 45°.
- loosen the tube ring clamps slightly and slide the OTA forwards or backwards until optimal balance is achieved. It should not tip forwards or backwards.
- then set the OTA in a horizontal position and tighten the locking screw so that the instrument is just prevented from tipping forwards. This ensures an optimal load distribution on the mount.