Your smartphone and this telescope are now 'best friends'
Fancy a trip into the universe? With the Push+ Mini, this is now easy and instinctive. You don't have to know the night sky like an expert astronomer. This is because, thanks to the clever push-to-technology, this telescope will show you the way to planets, nebulae and star clusters. Your own smartphone becomes the control centre for exploring the night sky.
The Push+ Mini is a smaller version of the PushPlus series. With a big advantage: With a 6" telescope you are well prepared for your next holiday or just for a quick observation session for people with little time
The advantages in a nutshell
- finding newly invented - you can now located any object in the night sky using the Push+ object locator and your smartphone
- built-in digital encoder - your telescope immediately knows where it is pointing. The software allows you follow every step and locate objects in a jiffy.
- Bluetooth 2.0 provides a wireless connection to your smartphone - with a range of 10 meters
- software - take control of your telescope with the SkySafari® 4 Plus app for Android
- GP receiver - mounts any telescope with a GP rail
The telescope - 154mm diameter parabolic mirror
The 154mm OTA is a telescope for extended observing enjoyment. The best thing about it is its parabolic main mirror. Boasting 94% reflection, it offers you a wealth of contrast and ultra-bright images. The additional "94% Enhanced Coating" is not standard with telescopes. That's why this advantage turns your telescope into a premium instrument.
For 2" and 1.25" eyepieces
The focuser accepts both the larger (2") and the smaller (1.25") eyepieces. This gives you an advantage over simple 1.25" focusers - you can use the wider field of view provided by 2" eyepieces to enjoy more comfortably observing deep sky objects. You can use the built-in 1.25" reducer for using 1.25" eyepieces. The focuser has a single compression ring for holding both sizes of eyepiece - your eyepieces are clamped around their entire diameters and are hence always well protected.
The equipment in detail
- main mirror with 94% reflective coating - a brighter image than a standard Newtonian
- can be collimated - thanks to a centre marking and collimation screws
- 2" Crayford focuser - takes 1.25" and 2" eyepieces
- Vixen-style 335mm rail - to mount the OTA in seconds
- 46mm secondary mirror - this small secondary mirror offers you much contrast for visual observing with very little shadowing
- with LED viewfinder and 20mm eyepiece
Digital Encoder - a 'satnav' for your telescope
Know where you are - the digital encoders on the azimuth and elevation axes tell you just where you are in the night sky at all times. This technology, which is used on large equatorial mounts, is now also employed with this Dobson telescope. But all this would be nothing without a good controller - and this you already have!
Smartphone - your way to the stars
Your Android smartphone now allows you to keep track of everything yourself - the Sky Safari® 4 Plus astronomy app for Android systems turns your phone into a control centre for your telescope. The coloured display on your smartphone shows the current region of the night sky and allows you to select an object you wish to observe. You can then move the telescope to the target in a jiffy - as you move the telescope in the direction required, you will see a crosshair moving across the star chart.
With the right app it's easy
You can purchase the SkySafari® Plus app at Google Play. Push+ will not work with Apple iPhones or iPads (iOS operating system)
The rocker box has a receiver for Vixen style GP rails. This means you can connect most telescopes with GP rails to the rocker box and benefit from the Push+ system. This works best with Newtonian reflector telescopes of up to 8 inches in diameter.
Ensure your exploration of the night sky is always successful with Push+.
Note: smartphone and App are not included.