Digital Schmidt camera for wide angle astrophotography!
This astrograph makes it very easy to create stunning photos with a modern DSLR or astronomical CCD camera. The new optical design has a four-lens corrector, incorporating rare earth glass, which suppresses chromatic aberrations and other problems such as coma and field curvature. Never before has an astrograph in this price range delivered such optical quality and spot size over the entire image field. The design also allows for a very low vignetting.
- super-fast 11" f2.2 optics - sharply images APS format and is even optimized for sensor sizes up to a 70mm field diagonal.
- extremely short exposure times - the RASA Astrograph acquires images twenty times faster than at f10! Thirty seconds at f2.2 correspond to ten minutes at f10 - tracking control is hence superfluous!
- huge field of view - with a 620mm focal length, makes wide-angle shots a piece of cake and you and always have an overview
- excellent focusing mechanism - new bronze bearings reduce image shift, the 10:1 FeatherTouch micro-focuser allows highly precise focusing!
- innovative Features - quieter 12V MagLev fan reduces the cooling phase, keeps out dust and allows optimum air circulation in the OTA. Various adapters for popular camera brands are included. Back focus for the camera supplied adapters: 55mm, back focus for the front lens group: 69.26mm
RASA stands for Rowe-Ackermann-Schmidt Astrograph - Dave Rowe and Mark Ackermann are renowned optical instrument designers. Together, they hold numerous patents on their inventions. The RASA astrograph combines their expertise and experience.
Note: The RASA 800 doesn't work with regular DSLR cameras (because of a short backfocus). It is recommended to use the RASA 800 with mirrorless cameras or small dedicated CCD or CMOS astronomical cameras.
CGX Equatorial Mount and Tripod:
For eight years, Celestron’s workhorse CGEM mount lineup has been the German Equatorial backbone for telescopes ranging from 6 to 11 inches of aperture. Since that time, many more astro-imagers and planetarium controlled setups have emerged as backyard telescope technology has evolved. Celestron’s engineering team applied their years of experience designing German Equatorial mounts to the all-new CGX EQ, a culmination of all the advancements made to our technologies, value, and ease-of-use.
- Sturdier and more rigid with quicker dampening time
- Improved motors provide more torque, better slewing and tracking under heavy loads
- Heavy Duty belt-drive system minimizes backlash while providing smooth motor operation under heavy loads
- Spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gear reduce friction and provide optimum gear mesh
- Internal cabling for worry-free remote operation. Power input and accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags
- Internal hard stops for both axes prevents cable tension and tripod strike
- Home sensors allow the mount to always start in the index position regardless of orientation before a power reset
- Limit sensors automatically shut off slewing or tracking before reaching the hard stop fail safe
- Adjustable EQ head position to optimize center of gravity over the tripod and fully utilize the increased 3º-65º latitude range
- Dual-fit CG-5/Vixen and CGE/Losmandy dovetail saddle
New improved tripod:
- 2" steel legs with height index marks for quick leveling
- "Jack of all trays" can hold three 1.25" eyepieces, two 2" eyepieces, your smartphone, or other accessories
- Tripod legs can be collapsed with accessory tray installed for faster setup and transport
- All-new NexStar+ hand control with USB port
- Two AUX accessory ports to support wireless/WiFi alignment and operation with StarSense AutoAlign and SkyPortal WiFi Module accessories (sold separately)
- USB 2.0 port, used to connect directly to PC with included software
- Autoguider port
- PPEC ready
- Threaded 12VDC power input barrel connector
- Internal Real Time Clock (keeps time and site information saved)
The new CGX was designed to better support your telescope for both visual and astro-imaging pursuits. Key design goals included a lower profile EQ head, which provides a more compact and therefore more stable setup; a better drive system; remote operation-friendly with home and limit optical sensors; easier polar alignment adjustments; and better cable management. In addition to that, we’ve made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and transport. The CGX is our new Equatorial backbone to support a wide range of telescopes.
Control software from PlaneWave Instruments for Celestron's CGX and CGX-L mounts:
PWI Telescope Control opens up the full precision of these mounts. A USB connection from the mount to your PC means the Sky Viewer display makes it easy to find targets. Or you can search for your targets in the extensive object database. PWI also has a connection to the SIMBAD astronomical online database for even more astronomical objects.
PWI uses PointXP Mount Modelling - providing numerous reference stars for the highest accuracy possible. PointXP (also used in the StarSense AutoAlign module) offers more accuracy than a classic hand control box. By using numerous reference stars, PWI can accommodate multiple alignment errors, including device deflection - as a result, GoTo accuracy is increased.
Features of PWI software
- PointXP Mount Modelling, accepts as many reference stars as you want.
- developed by Celestron in partnership with PlaneWave Instruments
- future updates will include additional features and enhancements
- Sky Viewer Star chart for easy location of astronomical objects
- extensive object database, including online database
The software runs on Windows 7, 8 and 10. You can download it via the Downloads tab. You will also find an English-language manual in PDF format available there.
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.