The Series 6000 Apochromatic Refractors are some of the best crafted refractors on the market. Each refractor is individually constructed and tested to ensure that they meet the highest standards, both optically and mechanically.
These telescopes were built with the observer and imager in mind. With the optical design using the highest grade extra-low dispersion optical glass, false color is virtually eliminated, yielding astonishing color correction, contrast, and sharpness.
- Fully multi-coated optics for enhanced light transmission
- 2.5” dual-speed rack & pinion focuser with a 10:1 fine focus knob for precise focusing
- Adapters for 48mm and 42mm standardized T-thread.
- Sliding dew shield for enhanced portability
- Vixen-style dovetail with mounting rings
- Aluminum hard carry case to protect your investment
This Series 6000 Apo comes with a Deluxe-Focuser. It includes millimeter markings on the drawtube to assist with focusing accuracy and is also rotatable which allows for easy framing of the photographed object. New for this focuser is the 2” self-center locking ring that allows diagonals or cameras to be well centered to the optical train every time the locking ring is engaged.
In addition to the deluxe focuser the Series 6000 Apochromatic Refracting Telescopes now have an optional 0.8x Focal Reducer/Field Flattener for photographic purposes. For wide field images the 2” focal reducer/flattener will reduce the 80mm refractor from f/6 to an f/4.8 and the 3” model will reduce the f/7 115mm and 130mm refractors to f/5.5. The reducer will optically flatten the images yielding pin-point stars to the edge of your photographic frame.
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.