LX85: Ideal for ambitious beginners and experienced observers who want to get into astrophotography.
The Series 6000 Apochromatic Refractors are some of the best crafted refractors on the market. Each refractor is individually constructed and tested to ensure that they meet the highest standards, both optically and mechanically.
These telescopes were built with the observer and imager in mind. With the optical design using the highest grade extra-low dispersion optical glass, false color is virtually eliminated, yielding astonishing color correction, contrast, and sharpness.
- Fully multi-coated optics for enhanced light transmission
- 2.5” dual-speed rack & pinion focuser with a 10:1 fine focus knob for precise focusing
- Adapters for 48mm and 42mm standardized T-thread.
- Sliding dew shield for enhanced portability
- Vixen-style dovetail with mounting rings
- Aluminum hard carry case to protect your investment
This Series 6000 Apo comes with a Deluxe-Focuser. It includes millimeter markings on the drawtube to assist with focusing accuracy and is also rotatable which allows for easy framing of the photographed object. New for this focuser is the 2” self-center locking ring that allows diagonals or cameras to be well centered to the optical train every time the locking ring is engaged.
In addition to the deluxe focuser the Series 6000 Apochromatic Refracting Telescopes now have an optional 0.8x Focal Reducer/Field Flattener for photographic purposes. For wide field images the 2” focal reducer/flattener will reduce the 80mm refractor from f/6 to an f/4.8 and the 3” model will reduce the f/7 115mm and 130mm refractors to f/5.5. The reducer will optically flatten the images yielding pin-point stars to the edge of your photographic frame.
The LX85 mount has been designed with astrophotography in mind. With its powerful servomotors and Meade Smart Drive technology, it follows the sky's rotation and keeps the telescope accurately tracking the desired object for long exposure times - and without having to do a meridian flip!
- The LX85 is particularly light and therefore ideal for portable use in the garden or an observing location under a particularly dark sky.
- The AudioStar GoTo control firstcorrectly positions the telescope and then automatically tracks the object you wish to observe. This is also ideal for beginners!
- The LX85 mount allows the connection of an autoguider for precision tracking control.
The LX85 mount follows the usual telescope standards, allowing it to be used with most commercial telescopes up to 15kg in weight. Meade offers the mount together with a wide range of great optics - inexpensive Newtonian telescopes, Maksutovs for lunar and planetary specialists, all-round ACF optics, and even high-quality apochromats for the discerning photographer!
The AudioStar handheld control provides a database of 30,000 astronomical objects. Once aligned to the night sky, AudioStar can position the telescope to point to any of these objects and centre them in the eyepiece - of course only if the object is above the horizon. The GoTo functionality is supplemented by additional features, such as guided tours, position display and connection to a PC.
A special feature of the AudioStar controller is its built-in speaker. The built-in Astronomer Inside technology provides over four hours of audio commentary (in English only). The built-in astronomer will relate interesting information about astronomical objects located in the field of view!
Meade Smart Drive - as the telescope magnifies the astronomical object, an astronomical mount must be very precise. Even small tracking errors will interfere with longer exposure times. Small errors are always there, as the transmission's worm gear cannot be perfectly round. These periodic errors can be detected and compensated for by the computer control. Smart Drive technology makes possible this permanent periodic error correction (PPEC).
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.