This telescope combines an Omegon Ritchey-Chretien RC 254/2000 OTA with a Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro mount. Finally, you can take professional quality photographs of astronomical objects. With round and sharp stars right out to the edge of the field of view and a wide field of view to make use of your full-frame camera. The EQ-6-R Pro mount keeps stars and objects precisely located in the field of view. Its high-precision belt drive operation allows you to take successful astronomy photos.
Next night take it to the next level - Omegon RC telescope for astrophotographers
Are you looking for an excellent telescope for astrophotography? Omegon Ritchey-Chretien telescopes will take you to the next quality level with your astronomy photos. Omegon RC telescopes provide a wide, coma-free field of view - perfect for round stellar images right out to the edge of the field of view. Find out exactly why an RC telescope is the right choice for astronomy photography and why the professionals also use them.
The advantages in a nutshell
- hyperbolic mirrors - extremely sharp image, wide field of view, with no need for a corrector
- BK7 mirrors for stable focus, for stable focus without the need to refocus
- high reflection - 92-94% dielectric reflective coating for bright, high-contrast observing and astronomy photos
- rapid cool-down thanks to open design
- electric fans for even faster cool-down (only for 10" model)
Hyperbolic mirrors for a better image
RC telescopes have hyperbolic main and secondary mirrors. They do not use spherical mirrors, such as in Schmidt-Cassegrain systems. This great idea gives you a big advantage - take better and sharper astronomy photos and enjoy a wider usable field of view! Ultra-sharp with APS-C chips. even without using a corrector. This technology was unaffordable even a few years ago, but the new Omegon RC telescopes are now affordable for every amateur astronomer.
Photograph without needing a corrector
Use your DSLR or astronomy camera with your telescope without needing a corrector, for coma-free and pin-sharp stellar images, right out to the edge of the field of view. The 8" and 10" models even allow you to use 24x36mm full-frame chips without any corrector. All professional DSLR cameras will fit and countless astronomy cameras too. And, if you still want to photograph in the medium format, please do not hesitate to ask us for appropriate solutions.
Steel OTA for stable focusing and high contrast
In addition to containing a good mirror, a steel OTA plays a decisive role in producing good astronomy photos. This Omegon RC OTA has a 50% reduced focus shift when compared to an aluminium OTA. Precisely located stray-light baffles also ensure high contrast.
A better image than an SC telescope
To start with, an RC telescope is completely different to the classic SC or Maksutov design. It has no corrector plate and is hence an open system that adapts faster to the ambient temperature than an SC telescope. The absence of a front corrector plate also means that the telescope provides brighter images with no risk of internal reflections. Ritchey-Chretien systems are the most highly corrected two-mirror telescopes available. Their edge-to-edge image sharpness is impressive, so it is no wonder that practically all large research telescopes use this design of telescope in their professional observatories.
Making hyperbolic mirrors is both a science and an art. Up to only a few years ago, RC telescopes were among the most expensive telescopes in the world - only international institutions used them for research. But this technology is also now also affordable for experienced amateur astronomers.
EQ6-R PRO Synscan - a thorough redesign of a classic!
The computer-controlled EQ6-R PRO Synscan™ mount is an evolutionary improvement of the legendary EQ6 PRO. The modern, streamlined design of the EQ-6 R PRO includes new features that experienced astrophotographers will immediately approve of.
- maximum load of 20kg for astrophotography.
- belt drive for minimal 'backlash' - particularly quiet, smooth operation and better results when guiding, as well as higher torque with the drive!
- improved polar elevation adjustment with a larger adjustment range. The mount is aligned via the built-in polar finder or using the Synscan control. The adjusting screws have been significantly improved as compared to the previous model.
- built-in 'SNAP' connector for camera shutter control.
- PPEC worm gear and periodic worm error correction (eliminates the need to constantly fine-tune the drive)
- built-in carrying handle for easy transport. At 17.3kg in weight (without tripod and counterweights), the mount is with still very portable.
The included Synscan™ hand control allows the telescope to find specific objects and offers tours of the current night sky at just the push of a button. The user-friendly menu allows the selection and automatic tracking of over 42,000 astronomical objects.