Apochromatic Refractors, due to their unobstructed, text-book like diffraction patterns, produce the sharpest, highest quality optical imaging available, bar-none, aperture for aperture, of any telescope optical system.
The high-end Evostar-150ED Apo doublet features an undisclosed combination of one Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass element and a matched crown element. Each air-to-glass objective lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied, to ensure optimum light throughput of approaching 99.5%. The proprietary Sky-Watcher “Metallic High-Transmission Coatings” (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
The Evostar-150ED is supplied without eyepiece, finderscope and star diagonal.
EQ6-R PRO Synscan - a thorough redesign of a classic!
The computer-controlled EQ6-R PRO Synscan™ mount is an evolutionary improvement of the legendary EQ6 PRO. The modern, streamlined design of the EQ-6 R PRO includes new features that experienced astrophotographers will immediately approve of.
- maximum load of 20kg for astrophotography.
- belt drive for minimal 'backlash' - particularly quiet, smooth operation and better results when guiding, as well as higher torque with the drive!
- improved polar elevation adjustment with a larger adjustment range. The mount is aligned via the built-in polar finder or using the Synscan control. The adjusting screws have been significantly improved as compared to the previous model.
- built-in 'SNAP' connector for camera shutter control.
- PPEC worm gear and periodic worm error correction (eliminates the need to constantly fine-tune the drive)
- built-in carrying handle for easy transport. At 17.3kg in weight (without tripod and counterweights), the mount is with still very portable.
The included Synscan™ hand control allows the telescope to find specific objects and offers tours of the current night sky at just the push of a button. The user-friendly menu allows the selection and automatic tracking of over 42,000 astronomical objects.
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.