This high-quality Maksutov telescope provides an ideal basis for both planetary and DSO observing.
Its diameter makes it a 'fast' yet portable instrument. The Maksutov-Cassegrain system allows a long focal length to be combined with a relatively short OTA length. The central obstruction in the optics is minimal as the small secondary mirror has been directly vacuum deposited onto the meniscus lens. The meniscus lens gives very good contrast - for example ideal for planetary observing. The lens corrects for spherical aberration and its shape reduces chromatic aberration to a minimum. It comes supplied with a mounting plate.
The EQ-6 Pro SynScan GoTo mount:
This is the largest and most capable mount made by Sky-Watcher. It has been specially developed to be able to support heavy telescope OTAs of up to 18Kg, stably and vibration-free. This is the optimal requirement for successful astrophotography, which depends on very precise movement of the mount when tracking. It comes in a white design, and already has GoTo control built-in. Virtually no other mount offers better value for money than the EQ-6, making it highly popular among amateur astronomers. Even at the high GoTo speed, the powerful stepper motors on the right ascension and declination axes slew the telescope very quietly, so that your neighbours' sleep will not be disturbed in any way. Quick and effortless alignment with the North Pole for astrophotography is by means of a backlit polar finder.
Mount and control features:
- GoTo control with clearly laid-out hand box (operable even wearing gloves)
- red line display (dimmable) and red backlit buttons
- 1, 2 or 3 star alignment available
- about 13,700 pre-programmed astronomical objects available
- 25 user objects can be set and setting coordinates directly is possible
- speed 3.4° / second
- tracking modes: sidereal, lunar, solar and sidereal with PEC
- recalibration of the object possible
- update-capable from the Internet
- control via PC possible (RS232)
- autoguiding via interface
- periodic error correction (for astrophotography)
- polar finder can be illuminated and is adjustable via scales or constellation illustration
- GPS function via optional add-on possible
- consumption and temperature display
- Version 3
- can carry up to 18Kg (for visual observing, even more)
- Included with the mount:
- EQ-6 Pro SynScan mount with GoTo control
- sturdy steel tripod (height adjustment from 85cm to 147cm)
- extra brace with eyepiece tray
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.